Live to Partly Live to Oh Well from Celebrity Infinity, Feb 11-25, 2023 Antarctica and Iguasu Falls

BlerkOne

1 hour ago, Poconolady said:

Thank you for taking the time to do the “Live” report of your cruise. It was fun following along, viewing your pictures and reliving the happy memories of our cruise in January. So glad to see your clips of Iguazu. Do you have any pics of Puerto Madryn to share?

oh sure...

On 2/15/2023 at 11:35 AM, wrk2cruise said:

Do you know who the Captains Club Concierge is?

I asked several times and couldn't get a clear response from anyone. I don't thing there was a Captain's Club hostess on this cruise. No welcome call, no calls to remind us of events, no one at the morning Elite breakfast. 

Love the movies of the fall.   So beautiful.   I'm sure a picture or movie can never capture the real Ahhhhh.      Kinda like taking a picture of the Grand Canyon -- a picture can never capture the whole experience.

Can't wait to do it myself.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

I asked several times and couldn't get a clear response from anyone. I don't thing there was a Captain's Club hostess on this cruise. No welcome call, no calls to remind us of events, no one at the morning Elite breakfast. 

Someone answered Violetta from Spain (not Phillipines).

Just back from Buenos Aires after a month in South America including 20 nights on the Oceania Marina. Great photos brought back fantastic memories. 

I have a picture of the Infinity in Antarctica. I will upload it over the weekend.

Glad you got to the Falklands. 50:50 I am told. We did not do Volunteer Point as my wife has knee issues. We went to Berthas Beach with Falklands Outdoors although it was still 90 minutes from Stanley. Lots of Gentoo penguins and some Magellanic with a solitary King. Close by beach resting Elephant seals which were fabulous. We were the only vehicle😀. £450 for the four of us. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, abbydancer said:

Loved the Punto Tambo pictures.  When we went in 2019, DH was walking around saying "I will not take a picture of every penguin I see".  My lock screen is the penguin that greeted us at the entrance and guided us up the boardwalk.

I've been there before. They have tried to make it safer to protect Americans from themselves. It used to be easier to walk up to the brink of disaster if not over.

They do say don't stop at every penguin or you'll run out of time before the end.

o1.JPG

o2.JPG

o3.JPG

• Like 1

20 hours ago, hawkesbaynz said:

Just back from Buenos Aires after a month in South America including 20 nights on the Oceania Marina. Great photos brought back fantastic memories. 

I have a picture of the Infinity in Antarctica. I will upload it over the weekend.

Glad you got to the Falklands. 50:50 I am told. We did not do Volunteer Point as my wife has knee issues. We went to Berthas Beach with Falklands Outdoors although it was still 90 minutes from Stanley. Lots of Gentoo penguins and some Magellanic with a solitary King. Close by beach resting Elephant seals which were fabulous. We were the only vehicle😀. £450 for the four of us. 

I have some of Marina from Ushuaia and south...

m2.JPG

m1.JPG

s1.JPG

s2.JPG

s3.JPG

s4.JPG

s5.JPG

s6.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were on the Jan 28 sailing. You had much better weather in Antarctica.  We also missed the Falklands and there was a Norovirus outbreak.  Fortunately none of our party of six contracted noro.  Three of six came down with COVID within a day of getting home.  We stayed next door to the Sheraton you were in at the Park Tower.  Great location for walking around and to get to the port.  A few things for future cruisers to consider.  We live in Florida.  We flew on Copa Airlines as we were able to do daytime flights to and from Buenos Aires.  Avoiding the overnight flights was great.  Booked with United miles and lie flat seats between Panama and BA.  We went directly to the airport at cruise conclusion, got on a noon flight and were back in Florida at 10 pm.  We didn't go to Iguazu as we have been to Victoria Falls previously.  If anyone has visited both I'd be interested to hear if we should have gone.  We changed cash to Argentine pesos at a Western Union near the hotel at 375 to a USD.  Our Visa card converted charges averaging about 325 vs the official rate of 185.  Amex uses the official rate. The Western Union converted USD50 for us.  Many other posts I've seen suggest USD100 increments are required.  ATT does not charge for use in many South American countries including Argentina so that was easy.  Uber was crazy inexpensive.  After doing the "drive by" on Infinity we are still unsure the expedition type ships are worth the $30k for two fits our value equation to do multiple landings on the continent.  In all its a long, expensive trip but well worth doing.  Thanks for all the posts.  Drake Lake wishes for all the future cruisers out there.

6 hours ago, flviking said:

We were on the Jan 28 sailing. You had much better weather in Antarctica.  We also missed the Falklands and there was a Norovirus outbreak. 

I think we likely had the best weather this season. But there was Noro (or at least gastro-intestinal) on our cruise, Covid and more. The Captain was making daily announcements to take personal hygiene seriously and many still did not. Some blatantly ignored the staff that was trying to squirt sanitizer into their hands at many of the venues.  I think at least half of the 18 people on our Iguazu excursion had something. One even commented on how tasteless the food was. Hello???

I know there were also various plaques on the Oceania ship we kept seeing.