Saint Greg's Magic Super Bowl cruise - Live - February 11-19

Saint Greg

21 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I got my bag in but not by much. I don’t know why people further back want their stuff in the front. I always want it as close to me as possible.

I don't fly very often and really prefer my stuff as close to me as possible but...I think they put it up there because then they don't have to carry it back to their seat and then all the way to the front of the plane when they get off.  How rude!

• Like 7

On 2/19/2023 at 10:09 AM, Saint Greg said:

For future things like I said news on the rest of this year will wait until the football schedule comes out in May. 

Make sure you’re subscribed to this thread with notifications turned on for that news.

Next year I have three cruises in the first four months. That includes Jubilee, Spirit, and Horizon. All three ships are new to me. One new home port for me (Mobile) and four new ports for me (Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao, Bimini). 

If anyone has tips or suggestions for any of those ports, feel free to leave those here because my planning hasn’t really begun for any of them. 

I can also say I have my first balcony room booked on a future cruise…but I won’t say which one until we get to it.

was on the Horizon in August and Bonaire is my new favorite island.  We did a snorkel trip on the Sea Cow which was fantastic.  

• Like 4

got to this party after it was over.... binge reading as I type this. As always, another enjoyable Greg writeup. Not sure when we will be on another cruise so this will have to keep me sated in the meantime. Since retiring we are planning to travel in Europe vs cruising for the foreseeable future.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, scoobysnacks70 said:

I don't fly very often and really prefer my stuff as close to me as possible but...I think they put it up there because then they don't have to carry it back to their seat and then all the way to the front of the plane when they get off.  How rude!

I think the gate monitors should announce that passengers need to stow their carry ons in the overhead compartment by their assigned seat.  If a passenger is observed storing at the front of the plane and proceeds to walk back, their luggage will be checked.  

• Like 10

1 hour ago, scoobysnacks70 said:

Yeah because then when people are trying to get off they have to stop at the front to grab their bag. I doubt people want me going against the grain to get my bag either.

• Like 8

Bonaire we did Twizzy tour with Roadrunner.  We loved it but that was back in 2018.  Just looked on Trip Advisor and they are still going strong. 

We have done many things in Aruba.  Sunset cruise, party bus and beach(better beaches on the other side of the island), walked around but the best was in November 2021 we did a Carnival excursion which may be ATV it was a UTV because my son has one.  We did trails, lighthouse, drove on streets but the best was an area of Aruba that the government will not let be developed.  Be prepared for dust!  We bought a waterproof backpack and goggles.  They do let singles because we had 5 in our group.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WhiteOptima said:

November 2021 we did a Carnival excursion which may be ATV it was a UTV because my son has one.  We did trails, lighthouse, drove on streets but the best was an area of Aruba that the government will not let be developed.  Be prepared for dust!  We bought a waterproof backpack and goggles.  They do let singles because we had 5 in our group.

You’re sure it wasn’t a trike?

• Haha 16

48 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

@Saint Greg do you know the max number one can use to purchase on Carnival cruise manager?  I received 4 cards today for refunds on my last cruise.  I'm thinking the number is 5 cards for one purchase (let's say Cheers) but I'm not sure.  TIA!

Five sounds familiar. But I'm not sure. I can't remember a time when I used too many cards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In Curaçao we did an Ncl tour that went to Hato Caves then had a walking tour round the town.
In Aruba we got the local bus (bus station is near the port) to Arashi beach spent a couple of hours there, walked to the lighthouse, then got the bus back & stopped at Eagle beach & had an hour there, then caught the bus back to the port & had a walk around.

• Like 2

In Princess Caye you can go outside the gate and there is a local bar, George's Bar, with all your libations and cheaper than inside the gate. I take a cooler and get a few Kaliks or Sands and go back to my lounger and enjoy the day.  When you get off the tender the right side is less crowded and close to the gate.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

From where I was standing it didn't look safe to cross on foot but I don't know.

Definitely not safe and I thought there was a sign saying no pedestrians but I could be wrong. I'll check on it the next time we're over that way. We usually take Uber/Lyft to the port but sometimes just jump in a taxi to get home (3.5 miles from terminal 6). Last time we took a taxi from there, it was around $20 - and there were 4 of us. Grills is closer so no way should it have been $40 - that's crazy.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2023 at 3:37 PM, Andi Land said:

Way back in my younger days I worked at Jack in the Box. The number of people who’d come in and order a cheeseburger with no cheese was startlingly high. 😂

I had a friend who would do that back in the day. Jack In The Box had a deal 2 cheeseburgers for 99 cents but if you ordered 2 hamburgers you were charged full price. So he learned to play the game and ordered  the 2 cheeseburger deal with no cheese.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Definitely not safe and I thought there was a sign saying no pedestrians but I could be wrong. I'll check on it the next time we're over that way. We usually take Uber/Lyft to the port but sometimes just jump in a taxi to get home (3.5 miles from terminal 6). Last time we took a taxi from there, it was around $20 - and there were 4 of us. Grills is closer so no way should it have been $40 - that's crazy.

$40 was the cost of my airport transportation. It was $28 something for a ride to Grills. If you were willing to do the "wait and save" option it would've been cheaper. But that was like an hour wait.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, purpleally said:

What bridge?
I’ve stayed right across from where Magic docks and it is a straight walk dow to the grills

This is where I was in relation to Grills. It's a straight walk for Jesus I suppose...Not the Vista stewart Jesus...the walk on water Jesus.

23F84945-CFA5-4FD2-9942-48A37B195E82.thumb.jpeg.37b0b7b5883873ccbe920a3b7beff206.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Haha 18

1 hour ago, Knights on the Beach said:

I wasn't close enough to see if there were any signs. I just asked the security lady at the port if there were any bars or restaurants close enough to walk to. She said no.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, purpleally said:

What bridge?
I’ve stayed right across from where Magic docks and it is a straight walk dow to the grills

Sounds like you're thinking about where Mardi Gras and Liberty dock at terminal 3. The Holiday Inn Club Vacations is across from that terminal. Magic docks at terminal 6 and there is nothing walkable from there.

40 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

$40 was the cost of my airport transportation. It was $28 something for a ride to Grills. If you were willing to do the "wait and save" option it would've been cheaper. But that was like an hour wait.

Gotcha, I misread that and thought it was a $40 ride to Grills. Grills is our favorite place at the port but Sunday we were at Fishlips for brunch - big mistake. We hadn't been there in two years and I remembered why on Sunday. 🤦‍♀️

• Like 3