Jet2 flights

Dinglebert

Just seen this - if it helps the OP we have flown Jet2 many times and have found them to be an excellent, efficient airline and have always enjoyed our flights. Staff on board very personable and leg room good. Enjoy 🙂

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Just seen this - if it helps the OP we have flown Jet2 many times and have found them to be an excellent, efficient airline and have always enjoyed our flights. Staff on board very personable and leg room good. Enjoy 🙂

Just to add, are the Jet2 check in staff the friendliest you have ever met .

The staff in BHX are brilliant! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Just to add, are the Jet2 check in staff the friendliest you have ever met .

The staff in BHX are brilliant! 

Have flown with them before to Venice for a RCI cruise.  The check in at Edinburgh was different in that their desks were separate from all other airlines and all the bags were just stored in a pile behind the desk for all their flights.  Thought we would never see them again!    The flight was OK apart from hearing that bloody tune they use in the advert a heck of a lot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

I think I heard that they have their own baggage handlers - maybe that’s why they were being kept together.

Yes, Jet2 do have their own handlers, but normally cases would not be stacked up behind the check in desks.

Used Jet2 in October and used the twilight check in since we was scheduled that took around five minutes next day even though we was delayed not a fault of Jet2 we were kept updated and found the service onboard way better than TUI.

Edited by carlanthony24
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, wowzz said:

Yes, Jet2 do have their own handlers, but normally cases would not be stacked up behind the check in desks.

Where the check in desks were in Edinburgh there were no conveyor belts anywhere near.  May have changed now.

On 2/15/2023 at 3:59 PM, carlanthony24 said:

Used Jet2 in October and used the twilight check in since we was scheduled that took around five minutes next day even though we was delayed not a fault of Jet2 we were kept updated and found the service onboard way better than TUI.

Have to say, the worst experience we have ever had was on British Airways. Never again .. and as for the snooty woman who looked me up and down as if I was from another planet .... ugh, no words.

55 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Have to say, the worst experience we have ever had was on British Airways. Never again .. and as for the snooty woman who looked me up and down as if I was from another planet .... ugh, no words.

Can’t say about British Airways only done Manchester-Heathrow and back and checked I n online. Service onboard for a 30 minute flight was fantastic was not expecting a snack or a drink. 

31 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Can’t say about British Airways only done Manchester-Heathrow and back and checked I n online. Service onboard for a 30 minute flight was fantastic was not expecting a snack or a drink. 

We were on a flight from, Alicante to Gatwick, and had quite a long chat with one of the cabin crew.  The next day,  the same lady was cc on our flight to Tampa. She gave us a friendly wave, and later in the flight "smuggled " a couple of bottles of champagne to us ! (Only miniature ones, unfortunately)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, carlanthony24 said:

We fly quite regularly with BA. Always fairly good and we get a few perques. At Tenerife yesterday afternoon the jet2 check in area seemed very efficient. Unfortunately the Gatwick flight went tech and was 4 hours late. Luckily we were on the TUI flight.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We fly quite regularly with BA. Always fairly good and we get a few perques. At Tenerife yesterday afternoon the jet2 check in area seemed very efficient. Unfortunately the Gatwick flight went tech and was 4 hours late. Luckily we were on the TUI flight.

I know a few people who work for BA and kindly offer me benefits when ever I do fly with them. 😉

• Like 1

On 2/7/2023 at 12:13 PM, CCFC said:

If you are on a Jet2 charter flight (Tenerife) so unable to order food does anyone know if they supply a meal?

Food and drink are available to purchase onboard, see Jet2 website.

https://www.jet2.com/-/media/Jet2/Flights/pdf/onboard_menu/onboard_menu_belfast.pdf

Pre purchase is available using your P&O Booking code.

https://reservations.jet2.com/Jet2.Reservations.Web.Portal/whitelabellandingpage.aspx?j2tid=0bd86209-0703-4f41-b81b-f3c67ab701b7

I consider them to be an excellent airline.

9 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Mind you, BA put a 787 on our flight back to LHR from ATH. Lie flat seats in BC !

I actually slept for a couple of hours. 

That is true also A380 for training flights to FRA, also this month till around March using the 787 and 777 to Dublin and a few other places. Won't get that lucky with flights to like Tenerife or Malta. Did have a Wamos 747 take us to Barbados once because the TUI Dreamliner went tech. People who checked in for premium early got the lie flat bed seats some also had to endure the cramp legroom but the service was still fantastic and I finally got to say I flew the 747. 

Edited by carlanthony24

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Sorry to be a smart alec - we flew in the "bubble " on a 747. Never to be forgotten.  And, we were in economy !

Did that a few times going to Florida.  You had to get in early to book the rear seats in the bubble.  We even got to use the premium toilets!   Gosh how the other half live.

19 hours ago, CCFC said:

Thank you, we flew out yesterday to Tenerife. Nice plane albeit stripped out of entertainment, food expensive and drinks. Good flight though.

As their package holidays go from Stanstead, we will stick with TUI, or BA.

We are flying with Tui out of Birmingham. Our seats were available to book this morning ( might have been available at midnight, but I wasn’t staying up just in case!).

I couldn’t book any of the extra leg room seats but the exit rows were fine.

we fly out on the 27th April to Malta. 

• 7 months later...