Picture-A-Week 2023 - Week 06

pierces

Pictures taken between Monday, February 6 and Sunday, February 12.

This week ends on Super Sunday. A super good reason to get your camera out and have a super fun time taking super good photos and sharing them with all the super nice people here on this super relevant photo forum!

Rules: See above

That's it. This isn't a contest.

All photos taken this week are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded. Discovering the joy of photography is the prize.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacations and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera and share your fun with others!

I have sort of dropped out of the world of fandom. With all the antics and non-professionalism of the players of various professional sports, the urge to follow a team or a player has just dried up. The one exception is the Super Bowl. For many years, Super Sunday doubled as son Dan's birthday party and featured noisy crowds of relatives and fantastic snacks. With all the lockdown nonsense, our last few Super Sundays have been private affairs with Kim and I watching the game and doing our best to keep the snacking legacy alive. 2023 brought more Super Bowl Snacks of the Gods featuring Tiny Taco Nachos and Twice-baked BBQ Chicken Wings. Who cares who wins or even who’s playing when you have good food and great company?

God-Snacked

1825334534_2023-06God-Snacked.thumb.jpg.f881453b699ba73aae6923831d89f1ac.jpg

Dave

• Like 5

It will be a high of 57F today in Central Ohio with lots of great sunshine right now.  Almost like being in Florida??  It has been that way for the past couple of days.  Tomorrow with be sunny and a high of 56F.  Wednesday and Thursday, we will have highs of 68F and 65F.   Why go south for the winter?

Yesterday, below are a few visuals that I captured in going out and walking around to enjoy the wonderful weather.  Spring flowers are here and it is not even yet to mid February!!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 246,097 views.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1172051-livesilver-cloud-norway-coastfjords-july-1-16-reports/

In our wooded backyard area, there were lots of these Spring flowers coming up very early and looking good.  Like?:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these visuals larger/better!)

image.thumb.jpeg.d5320af844a98b0039b8d287e27dd011.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.887849ed1c2379fcd18f6dfcc67cca12.jpeg

Right near our home, here is this deer buck with an impressive rack.:

image.thumb.jpeg.3dfe979020d64a871dd4551f9cb95eee.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well let's compare your Ohio temps to my Florida temps.  Today is a very moderate 81, but by Friday we're forecast for 89 degrees!  I wish I had your temps.

For this warmer weekend, here's the wetlands selection I encountered:

A Wilson's snipe looking around the wetlands:

original.jpg

A grey catbird sneaking around the shadowy forest:

original.jpg

Another wetland park this time...but also populated with Wilson's snipe!  This one was just 10 feet away hiding under a pond apple tree:

original.jpg

Shooting towards the low afternoon sun, I liked the backlight effect with this great blue heron:

original.jpg

And just a few feet away, also backlit, was this green iguana up in a small pond apple tree:

original.jpg

A basilisk lizard who had just run across the water and climbed up on this low limb:

original.jpg

It's busy nest-building time for many birds here - this male anhinga was on a hardware store run with some new cypress limbs for his nest:

original.jpg

A great egret flying past:

original.jpg

And a great blue heron flying by in the clear blue sky:

original.jpg

Big bird with a small stick - wood stork bringing back a little bit of cypress to patch a hole in his nest:

original.jpg

• Like 5