Gluten Free in advance?

39august

If the gluten free is absolutely necessary because of a medical condition, be sure to notify Celebrity by contacting Special Needs.

If it is a life style choice (gluten free but hey - that wheat beer special sounds good as does the pasta dish), you can wing it on board ship.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 39august said:

Should we notify X before the cruise of my DIL being gluten free, or is this just something to mention to the waiter and maitre  d' in the MDR first night? 

The answer is BOTH.  Tell Celebrity in advance (have it noted on your reservation) so they can provision the right amounts of GF breads, pasta, etc.  AND... Tell the waitstaff - who will likely ask you first seating if any allergies.  The menus and ID cards at the buffet are also very helpful.  We are just off the Solstice and the waiter would bring the next day's menu(s) for my GF wife to review and pre-order so they could prep accordingly.

We used to email Special Needs because my husband has celiac disease.  They would respond that we should just let them know on the ship.  I think nowadays they are more prepared for it than they used to be.  Celebrity is very good about GF stuff and giving us the menu the night before, etc.