Move up from Verandah Stateroom to Sky Suite Question

annenic

1 hour ago, Mark_T said:

Typically the lounge bar is open 07:00 - 23:00, some local variations to be expected by ship.

thanks for info...our sailing is sold out, but they are still taking upgrade bids...i assume that is in case of last minute cancellations or no-shows...i can't decide if we should put in a bid or not...the minimum bid is pretty low (but odds are if a room becomes available the minimum bid wouldn't win anyway)

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

In addition to all of the perk, the actual cabin is so much bigger and more comfortable.  We love the retreat lounge and on the E class ships the retreat deck.  A truly great experience.  However, since in such high demand, the prices are getting obscene.

Love retreat on E class, but prefer Luminae on M class Much smaller not as loud, better service. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

Love retreat on E class, but prefer Luminae on M class Much smaller not as loud, better service. 

We also love the M class luminae- but the suite deck, including pool, hot tub and bar, which also serves a light lunch and other treats is the best.  Only complaint is not enough shaded spots.  Heard on the Beyond much more shaded spots.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2023 at 11:27 AM, lovecruzin said:

I was surprised our friends could dine in Blu at any time,  it was always busy during prime hours. I’m not unhappy with this decision.

I hate it.   There was a time when Blu was Aqua only as suites had their own "private" dining room. Never had a wait at Blu but now waits are common.  Also, I agree it has put a strain on Blu and the food/service is suffering a bit.  Still good, just not "as good".

2 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We also love the M class luminae- but the suite deck, including pool, hot tub and bar, which also serves a light lunch and other treats is the best.  Only complaint is not enough shaded spots.  Heard on the Beyond much more shaded spots.

I don’t like outside retreat on M class , at least on the summit since there is no bar , waiters will bring drinks. I would spend time there if there was a bar and bartender. Yes I thought Beyond had too many shaded spots on some days we could not find I place to get sun, prefer edge. Wife likes shade , I like sun 😁

Just now, mitz18 said:

I hate it.   There was a time when Blu was Aqua only as suites had their own "private" dining room. Never had a wait at Blu but now waits are common.  Also, I agree it has put a strain on Blu and the food/service is suffering a bit.  Still good, just not "as good".

Before we booked our first suite, we always booked Aqua for only to have the access to Blu and to stay out of the banquet styled MDR's. We never had any problems with Blu and it justified paying a few dollars more for Aqua. We love the Retreat and Luminae and would never infringe on Aqua passengers' access to Blu. I never have understood why people in Suites want to have Blu access, when they are paying so much more for access to Luminae.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, terrydtx said:

Before we booked our first suite, we always booked Aqua for only to have the access to Blu and to stay out of the banquet styled MDR's. We never had any problems with Blu and it justified paying a few dollars more for Aqua. We love the Retreat and Luminae and would never infringe on Aqua passengers' access to Blu. I never have understood why people in Suites want to have Blu access, when they are paying so much more for access to Luminae.

Only time we tried blu was at least a decade ago on solstice, at that time there was no lumpy or suite lounge but there was blu, we had to check with concierge to make sure there was room.

22 minutes ago, George C said:

I don’t like outside retreat on M class , at least on the summit since there is no bar , waiters will bring drinks. I would spend time there if there was a bar and bartender. Yes I thought Beyond had too many shaded spots on some days we could not find I place to get sun, prefer edge. Wife likes shade , I like sun 😁

The Apex might work the best for both of you- plently of sun- and limited shade.  My DH has had multiple skin cancers-  We avoid the sun.  Just be sure you see your dermatologist for a full body check up annually  more if necessary.  Don't like preaching- but some skin cancer is deadly.

On 2/5/2023 at 4:50 PM, annenic said:

Hi,

Just received advice our Move Up to Sky Suite on Eclipse was accepted!  Yay!  But now I have some questions as I am a bit unsure of what perks and amenities we are now able to enjoy.  

Are we able to dine at Luminae and Blu?

Are we able to go to the Retreat?  Does the Eclipse actually have a Retreat?  From my googling it seems it may have a Retreat of sorts, but no pool.

Any other perks we are able to attain?  We already had gratuities, drinks package included and our status is Elite.

Thanks 

Just curious how much you paid for the upgrade versus what that would have cost if you booked the Sky Suite from the get go

45 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

yep agree.  BTW - enjoying this weather swing?  HTown is mid-70's today, freezing tomorrow night and back towards 80 by mid-next week.  Gotta love it!

5 hours ago, dodger1964 said:

thanks for info...our sailing is sold out, but they are still taking upgrade bids...i assume that is in case of last minute cancellations or no-shows...i can't decide if we should put in a bid or not...the minimum bid is pretty low (but odds are if a room becomes available the minimum bid wouldn't win anyway)

If you are willing to pay the minimum upgrade, then there is little reason not to make the bid.  It costs you nothing to make the bid, and it costs you nothing if it's not accepted.

2 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Just curious how much you paid for the upgrade versus what that would have cost if you booked the Sky Suite from the get go

I can tell you what our experience was on Beyond last September. We were booked in Concierge level. Bid $1100pp to upgrade to Sky Suite. That brought our costs to $4250pp. Brochure rate was $6400pp

We had received the 125% FCC as a result of COVID cancellaions, so we were already working with $500pp of Celebrity's money. That means we upgraded for $600pp net.

I did it because my husband is not a "crowd" person. He enjoys cruising as long as there are not too many sea days, but prefers a bit more privacy. The Retreat gives you all that. And we have become accustomed to a certain level of service. That was what we got between our Butler, the Retreat staff, and the staff in Luminae.

From here on out, we will book in Retreat class from the outset. Just wait for those 75% off 2nd passenger offers.

10 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Our up grade cost us $1,030 per person. However if we had booked a suite from the get-go the fare would have been $6,000+ per person. So we have managed to get a suite for two passengers for half price. I’m very happy!

• Like 1