FTTF Boarding Question

elcuchio24

We have Faster to the Fun for a cruise in a couple of weeks. I had to pick a boarding time (noon) but if I recall with FTTF you can show up whenever and will board after Diamond/Special Needs/ETC. Is that still the case or do you have to show up at your time slot? We've been on other lines for a few years now so I can't remember the protocol. Thanks!

You still have to show up at your selected appointment time (not boarding time).  Diamond/Platinum/Suite passengers also have to adhere to their assigned times.  Then when boarding is called, it’s done by boarding group number, with Suites first, then Diamond, then Platinum, then FTTF, and then general boarding.  Some ports do things a little differently so if you tell us which port you’re sailing from, maybe someone can chime in with their experience at that port.

Edited by nwcruiselover

1 hour ago, nwcruiselover said:

You still have to show up at your selected appointment time (not boarding time).  Diamond/Platinum/Suite passengers also have to adhere to their assigned times.  Then when boarding is called, it’s done by boarding group number, with Suites first, then Diamond, then Platinum, then FTTF, and then general boarding.  Some ports do things a little differently so if you tell us which port you’re sailing from, maybe someone can chime in with their experience at that port.

Thanks--its MIA. In my experience we're usually on board pretty early there. I was fairly certain FTTF didnt need to adhere to the appointment time but we'll see 

17 hours ago, nwcruiselover said:

I’m not sure if that’s true. Just recently in Port Canaveral they had a line specifically for plat/diamond/suites/and FTTF. Then there was a line for on time and another line for late/early arrivals. So although each port may be different, FTTF was welcome to check in via the priority line whenever they arrived. 

You most certainly do not have to show up at your set arrival time if you have FTTF...at least not in Galveston. You do have to get an arrival  time selected, but you do not have to wait for that time. On our last cruise, we had FTTF, and a 10 am arrival time. We were directed to wait in the FTTF area, and I visited with people who had 11:30 times and a one who had a 1 pm time. We were all on board way before 11 am.

3 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

I’m not sure if that’s true. Just recently in Port Canaveral they had a line specifically for plat/diamond/suites/and FTTF. Then there was a line for on time and another line for late/early arrivals. So although each port may be different, FTTF was welcome to check in via the priority line whenever they arrived. 

This.  The FTTF page says this:

Priority Check-in

Upon arrival to the terminal, look for the Priority line to check-in. 

You bypass the normal check-in time process - that's the whole point.  D&Ps also use the Priority line.  I assume (Deluxe) Suites do as well, but I can't say for certain.

And yes, FTTF board after the Platinums (which is after the Diamonds, which is after the Suites).

I was going to say that I just purchased FTTF for a cruise on Panorama out of Los Angeles in June and I had questioned Carnival before buying. The whole point is bypassing the normal check-in. process. You show up, use the priority line and then when it’s time to board you board early. Not earlier than anyone, but earlier than you normally might! Sounded good to me, so I bought it! 

I had FTTF last month and showed up 1 hour before my check in time. I was sent right in even though they were holding others in the time slot line. I took this to mean that FTTF was allowed to show up at any time just like before the shut down.