Small bottle of liquid creamer?

snowmouse

You may have to be sure to not dispose of it onboard. It is single use water bottles and the like that they confiscate at security. If one has food allergies, one is allowed to bring aboard special-needs foods.  

I’d say, be prepared to have it confiscated but I’d lay odds that you’ll be passed through, no guarantees. Happy cruising!  

m—

A friend of mine, who is a four star Mariner, takes at least two bottles of liquid coffee creamer on every cruise.  Packed well in his luggage, not carry on.  Keeps it in the stateroom fridge.  Never had an issue, nor did his room steward even question it in his room.  I don’t know if he actually takes it with him to the MDR or buffet.  He cruised last month and no problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, snowmouse said:

We haven't cruised in a few years, but have always brought along our own liquid Coffeemate  for breakfast.  I know policies about plastics and beverages are much stricter now than in the past, but would this be OK?

Luckily Coffeemate is itself, not a beverage (or is it? you do you😉), more to the point, the product is not single use plastic. It would be like telling people they can't bring their own toiletries onboard because they're in plastic.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, lavictoria said:

Luckily Coffeemate is itself, not a beverage (or is it? you do you😉), more to the point, the product is not single use plastic. It would be like telling people they can't bring their own toiletries onboard because they're in plastic.

Good point about allowing toiletries in plastic containers.

However, I don't think it's just the "single use" aspect of plastic for beverages.  I doubt one could bring on 2 liter bottles of Coke or Pepsi (whichever isn't served on board).

So... I'm not sure where they draw the line.

For anything that is medical necessity, I would strongly suggest contacting the Special Needs department to get it cleared in advance.  Then boarding will be much less stressful...

As for "Coffeemate" liquid, I'd probably get advance "permission", or make sure there was some suitable substitute, either on the ship or something that was allowed (e.g., powder).

GC

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Greysandy said:

I brought my own olive oil on board several years ago because I don't eat dressings made with canola oil. I emailed HAL and they said it was okay as long as it was a sealed bottle.

love it! I have brought my own olives soaked in vermouth for a martini before. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 months later...

Stumbled onto this thread in attempt to find out if HAL has flavored creamer onboard. Never thought of bringing my own, but now I'm considering it.

4* who loves vanilla cappuccino that has not noticed flavored creamers nor asked for any due to Explorations and GDC. 

Since I do enjoy "pre breakfast" bringing flavored creamer would help me get by until I could make a trip up to Explorations (and on ships that don't have GDC).

I really don't like the powdered and prefer the liquid, so that's the question - would it get past security w/o confiscation? Interesting...

I use the Costco version of Bailey's Irish Cream for my coffee.  When cruising I carry it in an old pump type shampoo bottle, but remove the pump and replace it with a regular cap when it is in my luggage to avoid leakage.

Ray

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, cbr663 said:

If the issue is the plastic bottle have you considered simply pouring it into a travel mug or thermos and then placing it in your cabin refrigerator?

I have no problem doing that if leaving it in the original plastic bottle is an issue.

On 7/5/2023 at 3:32 PM, hbsurfcitycruiser said:

I always bring a box or two of mini moo creamers with me. It's the small single serving room temp creamers. Never ever had a problem. Makes the complimentary coffee taste so much better.

What a great idea. Last year on the Rotterdam I asked for cream for my coffee and was given skimmed milk, lol. I asked the server in Orange to please bring me half&half if they didn’t have cream, and she brought me whole milk! I never could find cream but your idea is great. Our market sells the mini moos and they’re great for stabilized cream! 

Edited by Mermen
  • Like 1

On 7/5/2023 at 1:12 AM, USN59-79 said:

I use the Costco version of Bailey's Irish Cream for my coffee.  When cruising I carry it in an old pump type shampoo bottle, but remove the pump and replace it with a regular cap when it is in my luggage to avoid leakage.

Ray

Ray, sir -

You have achieved "peak HAL cruiser." (Probably referred to as "Pinnacle.") I bet they're not discussing how to smuggle coffee creamer on the Carnival, Royal Caribbean, or NCL boards. 😁

• Haha 3

On 2/7/2023 at 5:11 PM, Greysandy said:

I brought my own olive oil on board several years ago because I don't eat dressings made with canola oil. I emailed HAL and they said it was okay as long as it was a sealed bottle.

HAL will bring  olive oil to your table 

1 hour ago, POA1 said:

Ray, sir -

You have achieved "peak HAL cruiser." (Probably referred to as "Pinnacle.") I bet they're not discussing how to smuggle coffee creamer on the Carnival, Royal Caribbean, or NCL boards. 😁

Appreciate the accolade, but I don't consider it smuggling if I have to supply my own coffee cream for my morning coffee.  Not sure if everyone knows that the Costco version of Bailey's has less alcohol; thus it is classified for tax purposes as similar to a wine rather than a liquor.  Therefore it costs less than half as much as Bailey's for a much larger bottle.

Of course I know better than to ask permission from HAL to bring it on board.

Ray

• Like 1

15 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

...Not sure if everyone knows that the Costco version of Bailey's has less alcohol; thus it is classified for tax purposes as similar to a wine rather than a liquor.  Therefore it costs less than half as much as Bailey's for a much larger bottle...

I wonder if that means it would be available to purchase on days when liquor is not? Can't buy liquor on Sundays where I live, but can buy wine. I would renew Costco membership if I could buy that on a Sunday.