b2b cruises

strike force

1 hour ago, strike force said:

What is the process of booking for second leg of b2b cruise

The concept of the second leg of a back to back cruise exists only in the mind of the customer - not the cruise line.  That second leg is the second half of what that customer books --- that cabin for that week is just a cabin in the line's view -- or perhaps the first leg of some other potential back to back cruiser.

Booking is the easy part as you just book like any other cruise.  Some lines will let you book back to backs as a single longer cruise and than you need to evaluate the cost issues as to whether it makes more sense as a single booking or back to back bookings.

Another issue is your cabin.  If you book the same cabin throughout, this is the easy way.  But there are times when folks will book different cabins on back to backs and than you will need to spend a little time moving between the cabins (the cabin stewards will do much of the work),

Hank

I just did a b2b and booked the same cabin so we just disembarked before 8:30 on the last day of the first cruise. Staying after 8:30 would have meant sitting in the theater for a customs interview for at least two hours. We took the free Miami trolley to Bayside and Walgreens and were allowed back on at 11:30. We told the agent we were b2b and were put in a fast line. We got a new card.

Check out to see if the cruise price is lower for a single, longer cruise. It wasn't, so two separate cruises gave us twice the benefits, like free specialty dinners for status members. It's up to you to go the research. 

The cruise line will give you a letter to exp!ain the process. Ours was in Miami.

Edited by Markanddonna

I didn't realize you could skip the customs b2b meeting and just get off the ship. I'm doing a b2b in April and the second leg I'll be joined by others. It will be nice to be able to get off the ship and meet them in the morning since they are flying in early.

26 minutes ago, Denversail said:

I didn't realize you could skip the customs b2b meeting and just get off the ship. I'm doing a b2b in April and the second leg I'll be joined by others. It will be nice to be able to get off the ship and meet them in the morning since they are flying in early.

That was the option between Jan 20 and Jan 27 on MSC.

On 2/7/2023 at 9:27 AM, strike force said:

What is the process of booking for second leg of b2b cruise

I booked both cruises at the same time.  I waited until almost the last minute - 7 days before sailing - and condition was BOTH cruises HAD to be available .... I was lucky ... they were.  I was in cabins that cruise ship chose and I DID have to move from Deck 5 in one cabin to Deck 8 in another cabin.  I packed and steward took my luggage and set up my next cabin.   AMAZING service.  BUT usually people don't have to move cabins.  It's because I waited until so close to sail date.