Wonder OTS Magnetic Bathroom Door Hack

Mdepfl

I’m on Wonder this week and absolutely love her.  However no matter how gently I try to close the bathroom door, the magnetic frame snatches it the last inch and slams it. Getting up at night to um, powder my nose, became a group event having to firmly tug the door open then try to close it behind me. Think of your refrigerator but with the door gasket removed. Slam. 

I doubled up a washcloth and wrapped it around the door holding it in place with some magnetic hooks. I can now QUIETLY open and close that door. The magnetic sill is a great idea - the door doesn’t rattle at all, it’s just poorly executed. A bit of weatherstripping would be terrific here Royal. 

27F8DD49-CECE-4A62-A125-95336B06CD08.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, orville99 said:

Now if they could only figure out that tiny round clothes hangers really don't work all that well on a square closet rod🤪

Yes, and the rod is rough, no sliding hangers in this closet. I guess to stop the hanger wind chiming?  

Edited by Mdepfl

6 hours ago, Mdepfl said:

Yes, and the rod is rough, no sliding hangers in this closet. I guess to stop the hanger wind chiming?  

I have a co-worker who worked at K-Mart, and she worked in the women's clothes department. She said they would take wax paper and rub it on the bars, and it would allow the hangers to slide smoothly on the bars, not sure if that would help on a square bar.

10 minutes ago, Bronx12 said:

I have a co-worker who worked at K-Mart, and she worked in the women's clothes department. She said they would take wax paper and rub it on the bars, and it would allow the hangers to slide smoothly on the bars, not sure if that would help on a square bar.

That might work except that the edge of the bar is actually larger than the diameter of the hook on the hangers, so they don't really have a surface to slide on

• Thanks 1