Caribbean ports

md80fan

I have a question that I hope some people either have more knowledge than me or understand cruise logistics better than me. I am curious why Royal does not have more variety in their ports in the Caribbean. I understand certain ships (Oasis class) only fit in certain ports. Using Turks and Caicos as an example. Why does Royal not use this port more. Is it something about the facility or something with the local government. There are other ports like in Jamaica and the Dominican that I see Carnival or Norwegian frequent but not Royal. As much as I love ports like St. Kitts or St. Maarten I would like to see something different. I do see a small handfull of cruises that will stop at St. Croix or British Virgin Islands but is there a reason why these are not utilized more. I would think a 4 day cruise from MIA or FLL to Turks and Caicos would be nice versus always going to the Bahamas. 

Carnival (corporation) had a gentleman's agreement of exclusivity for Turks and Caicos. If you look at the port schedule, it's only Carnival Corp brands.

But RC is working on making that part of their rotation and Mariner has a one-off stop there on its last cruise before dry dock.

29 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Carnival (corporation) had a gentleman's agreement of exclusivity for Turks and Caicos. If you look at the port schedule, it's only Carnival Corp brands.

But RC is working on making that part of their rotation and Mariner has a one-off stop there on its last cruise before dry dock.

DW and i are sailing out of barbados in april on a b2b and have a stop on each week in T&C.  it is on the rhapsody..we picked this cruise because of the different stops..not all but some

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coachmike1959 said:

DW and i are sailing out of barbados in april on a b2b and have a stop on each week in T&C.  it is on the rhapsody..we picked this cruise because of the different stops..not all but some

Umm, I hope you're not too disappointed if you don't visit Turks and Caicos. I can see how you might be confused but your cruises are most likely going to Trinidad and Tobago.

Edited by cruiseguy1016

12 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Umm, I hope you're not too disappointed if you don't visit Turks and Caicos. I can see how you might be confused but your cruises are most likely going to Trinidad and Tobago.

Yes, the Rhapsody visits Trinidad and Tobago, not the Turks and Caicos. I hope that @coachmike1959 wasn't banking on visiting the T&C.