Hand held shower heads on the Ruby

Florida_gal_50

15 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I've tried to search for this information, but I can't find anything.  Can someone tell me if they have the hand held shower heads for lack of a better word or are they a "fixed" to the wall shower head?  Thanks.

Just off on 1-22-23, and they were FIXED in our stateroom, B250. In fact, every Princess ship I've sailed have had FIXED shower heads.

Just off the 2/5 sailing - showerhead was fixed.  However, I overheard another passenger say that you can have it switched out to a handheld version for your cruise - just ask your steward.  This was our first PCL cruise since the restart, and we had forgotten how much we love sailing with them!!  

Edited by LHARTWICK
typo
  • Like 1

All the cruises we have been on with Princess (deluxe balcony suite) the shower head looks like this one (photo) handheld.  Maybe Ruby was difficult, I don’t recall (sorry). 

692182B6-F388-4F30-99A4-8167AAD0D54D.webp

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 2

We are on the Crown in July and our balcony cabin will have a fixed shower head. I had my TA request a hand held shower unit when I made our reservation.  It is marked on our Travel Summary under Special Services.  It has always been in our cabin when we sailed -- maybe that is because we let Princess know ahead of our arrival. 

The newer Princess ships that we have sailed had hand held shower heads (Discovery, Regal, Royal)

Edited by Italy52
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can ask for a hand held shower head in the Medallion App.

Select "My Preferences" then "Accessibility" and scroll down towards the bottom of the page and select

"Hand-held Shower Head". Then click on the Save button.

(Prior to the rollout of the Medallion App this was in the "Cruise Personalizer").

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, brisalta said:

Select "My Preferences" then "Accessibility" and scroll down towards the bottom of the page and select

(Prior to the rollout of the Medallion App this was in the "Cruise Personalizer").

Thank you so much for the information, I didn't know that option existed.  Very helpful information.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, DHP1 said:

All the cruises we have been on with Princess (deluxe balcony suite) the shower head looks like this one (photo) handheld.  Maybe Ruby was difficult, I don’t recall (sorry). 

692182B6-F388-4F30-99A4-8167AAD0D54D.webp

Out of all the cruise we took with Princess (mini suites) this is what I remember the showers looking like.

5 hours ago, brisalta said:

I tried this for my sailing on the Caribbean Princess last December. Upon arrival we had the standard fixed shower head. I asked our cabin steward about getting a hand held shower head and he stated it was not possible. I did not press the issue and made due with the fixed head for the 10 days.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I tried this for my sailing on the Caribbean Princess last December. Upon arrival we had the standard fixed shower head. I asked our cabin steward about getting a hand held shower head and he stated it was not possible. I did not press the issue and made due with the fixed head for the 10 days.  

Thanks for sharing your experience.  I think I will continue to pre-book the hand held shower head when  necessary to ensure I get it.  Love technology when it works and hate it when it fails.

6 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Thanks for sharing your experience.  I think I will continue to pre-book the hand held shower head when  necessary to ensure I get it.  Love technology when it works and hate it when it fails.

In my case it did not work (I requested in app and verified it was there several times before sailing) and my cabin steward was no help in remedying the issue. Hopefully you will fare better.  Perhaps it is ship specific as the Crown, Ruby and Emerald have a different shower head/connection than do the Grand and Caribbean. Perhaps only the three Crown class ships can actually accommodate the request?

Crown class

image.thumb.jpeg.c6984c6270e4fdcee7b2320092740ec3.jpeg

Grand class

image.thumb.jpeg.1a312235b34c2b5600d63294fac569d7.jpeg

@AtlantaCruiser72Oh dear.  Hopefully, it will work out when we sail in July.  If not, I am going to be very miserable.  I am short and water gets into my ears from fixed shower heads.  I have tried plugs and that has not helped in the past --- end result has been ear problems. I have been able to use the hand held shower heads before on the Star Princess.  Have never been on the Crown class so I will keep my fingers crossed that all works out.  Thanks for your post.