Celebrity vs Virgin

Arthurvance

Hi,

Just got off Virgin and loved the over 21 policy, but planning another cruise and want to do something different. We cruised Celebrity a few years ago to Alaska and loved it. 

Big question for experienced Celebrity cruisers, are there a lot of kids? I know there will always be some, but wondering if fewer are on Celebrity than we might typically find. 

This trip is typically right after the kids go back to school after Christmas break.  

Thank you so much. 

Edited by Arthurvance
Spelling

24 minutes ago, Arthurvance said:

Hi,

Just got off Virgin and loved the over 21 policy, but planning another cruise and want to do something different. We cruised Celebrity a few years ago to Alaska and loved it. 

Big question for experienced Celebrity cruisers, are there a lot of kids? I know there will always be some, but wondering if fewer are on Celebrity than we might typically find. 

This trip is typically right after the kids go back to school after Christmas break.  

Thank you so much. 

There are very few kids on Celebrity sailings. On the Apex now and there are less than 10. There were 2 on the Beyond in Oct.

At least on the Edge class ships there are no fancy water slides and game rooms, etc. Nothing to attract kids.

• Thanks 1

Been on X 99 nights since the restart; there's never that many kids.  With that being said, temper your expectation for non-suite complimentary food quality, food selection and the availability of food.  X and VV are polar opposites when it comes to all things complimentary food  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There are more children in summer and when schools are closed but never that many, my last cruise right after thanksgiving only had a dozen or so children and this was a large ship beyond. Love the thought of adults only , we do music charters on celebrity that are adults only, would like to try Virgin .

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, alyssamma said:

At least on the Edge class ships there are no fancy water slides and game rooms, etc. Nothing to attract kids

NONE of the ship's in Celebrity's fleet have any of the things you mentioned. 

• Like 3

Depends on the time of year and location. We always take a Christmas cruise and, of course, there are kids around. You should be fine. 

We did VV last year and we decided that it wasn’t our thing. Most of the food was better on VV, but I’ve only had one terrible meal on Celebrity (Magic Carpet on the Edge). On the other hand, Eden food was better than VV. 

The 21+ policy wouldn’t sway us to go back. 

Enjoy your cruise!

On 2/14/2023 at 10:14 AM, Arthurvance said:

Hi,

Thank you so much. 

What did you like and dislike about Virgin?  I’ve never sailed with them.