Port of LA Boarding ?

CrownCruiserKK

To anyone who has cruised recently out of LA-

I will be leaving on Monday 2/20 for a 5 day Cabo San Lucas cruise on the Discovery.  We are Platinum level. 

I was never offered to choose a time to embark.  Princess keeps sending me my Booking summary (3 times now) with a message saying we must board by deck, and our time is the second to last time: 1:30pm for the Baja Deck.

My question is-  Will this be strictly enforced?  1:30pm is much later than I usually like to embark.  

Any help or guidance is much appreciated. 

Happy Cruising everyone!

Just now, Rick&Jeannie said:

Boarding times are absolutely NOT enforced.  It is just their attempt to "spread out" the rush.

That was what I thought, but I wanted to be sure.  Princess was being super forceful by sending the message three times!  I was mostly annoyed because I kept thinking it was an upgrade notice 🤣

Thank you so much for letting me know!

10 minutes ago, CrownCruiserKK said:

That was what I thought, but I wanted to be sure.  Princess was being super forceful by sending the message three times!  I was mostly annoyed because I kept thinking it was an upgrade notice 🤣

If you bid on an UG, that could be up to 3 days before or some say sailing date.

Don’t worry about the arrival time, just go when it’s best for you.

Did you not find the arrivals on the App?

At this point, I wouldn’t even bother.

Have fun!

We have always been offered a boarding time. Will the ship be delayed?

Is there going to be some sort on inspection? Something doesn't

sound right. ALL you can do is show up when you want  and hope for the best.

1 hour ago, CrownCruiserKK said:

LA was a little faster because we were green lane with a QR code.  After you pick a time on the App, you’ll get a QR code.

I’m sure it wasn’t a lot if time saved, but they did look at it and sent us on through.  Not the time, just that we had a QR code.

Try App

Click >Personal information and documents

Move down

Gray bar “Suggested”

click >Arrivals

pick your time

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Try App

Click >Personal information and documents

Move down

Gray bar “Suggested”

click >Arrivals

pick your time

Of course "Boarding Time" would be hidden under "Personal Information."  That makes complete sense -- NOT!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

Of course "Boarding Time" would be hidden under "Personal Information."  That makes complete sense -- NOT!

Suggested time for arrival is sort of like guidelines for formal night

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

In our experience... They do NOT go by assigned times. When you get there, they sort you according to groups of disabled, Elite, Platinum and Suites. That is all that matters. Green lines have nothing to do with boarding!!!

7 hours ago, nini said:

In our experience... They do NOT go by assigned times. When you get there, they sort you according to groups of disabled, Elite, Platinum and Suites. That is all that matters. Green lines have nothing to do with boarding!!!

We boarded the Discovery Princess yesterday in the quickest time ever in 35 Princess cruises. We were assigned Group C Arrival 12:00. We took an Uber from Long Beach Airport at 10:15 with a quick stop at Ocean Market to pick up wine and arrived at the cruise port shortly before 11:00. We went directly to elite checkin. When we were done she told us to go to the elite lounge, but on our way we were directed to boarding and we were on the ship by 11:15. We dropped our bags in our cabin, beds weren’t made yet, and went to Gigis for lunch. Ship was already crowded.

• Like 1