Coral Princess Enrichment Lectures

Does Princess offer enrichment lectures on the Round Australia cruise (which is actually comprised of Northern and Southern Australia Explorer cruises)?

We've had some excellent enrichment lectures on Princess cruises to the Baltics, the Panama Canal, LA to Rio de Janiero, and Alaska) and are hoping similar lectures are available on our upcoming cruise.

5 hours ago, capriccio said:

Does Princess offer enrichment lectures on the Round Australia cruise (which is actually comprised of Northern and Southern Australia Explorer cruises)?

We've had some excellent enrichment lectures on Princess cruises to the Baltics, the Panama Canal, LA to Rio de Janiero, and Alaska) and are hoping similar lectures are available on our upcoming cruise.

Just to clarify for anyone else reading this thread: The Round Australia cruise does not comprise of Northern and Southern Australia cruises joined together, although a very limited number of cabins are usually offered for those two sectors, and sometimes other sectors as well.

The full Round Australia cruise is usually offered twice a year with embarkations from Sydney and Brisbane. It is extremely popular and often sells out within two days of initial release, although cabins do become available later on when people change their minds and cancel.

I will try to find some time later to check the Patters from the one we did last year to see what was on offer then. 

I did a Coral Princess cruise to Papua New Guinea a couple of months ago, and was  impressed with the enrichment lectures offered.  I imagine they will do the same sort of thing for other cruises originating in Australian ports.   We had two types - one was a general history lecturer, who knew his subject but went into such minute detail that I found it overwhelming. He was also not a good speaker and his illustrations were mediocre.  Still, useful background though.

The second was a speaker giving introductions to each port.  She was excellent. She started with the history and geography of the area, far better than the actual designated history speaker, and had excellent photographs. It wasn't a PR whitewash either - she touched on some local events that were surprising. Then she outlined good things to see. I thought this would just be a plug for the ship's excursions, but it wasn't, as she mentioned how you could do it yourself, if you wanted.

I got a lot from these enrichment speakers and thought Princess had done a good job.

I just got off the Coral to PNG and we had Russell Twomey, the maritime history lecturer on board. I always enjoy his lectures and all lecturers are put on the TV so you can watch them if you miss any.

Same with the port lectures. The presenter gives an overview of the ports, bit of history, things to see and do and will answer questions after the lecture or you can visit them at the desk sometime during the day. Again its put on the TV if you miss it or just want to go back to refer to something.

These are my favourite part of sea days 😊

We were on Coral in October and had a speaker from New Zealand although he was an American. He spoke on the  2nd world wars throughout the pacific. The lectures were spread out over 3 or 4 days. We found it really interesting although I realise not everyone is interested in the Second World War. 

Edited by Fortunatefew