Is there a fridge or freezer in Navigator of the Seas inside cabins

lislis77

Due to some medical needs my daughter has to be on thickened liquids. We will be sailing on Navigator over spring break (end of  March 2023). Wondering if there are fridges or freezers in the rooms to store waterbottles or small liquid containers for her thickened liquids. We will have an inside cabin. Or who I could ask to find out about this? Once her drinks are made they need to be refridgerated. I am looking into some other more "transportable" options, but still wondering if there will be fridges available.

Just now, lislis77 said:

Due to some medical needs my daughter has to be on thickened liquids. We will be sailing on Navigator over spring break (end of  March 2023). Wondering if there are fridges or freezers in the rooms to store waterbottles or small liquid containers for her thickened liquids. We will have an inside cabin. Or who I could ask to find out about this? Once her drinks are made they need to be refridgerated. I am looking into some other more "transportable" options, but still wondering if there will be fridges available.

Refrigerator is just barely cold, you can order a medical refrigerator for you cabin through special needs. 

The minibars in the cabins are coolers, not refrigerators.  Some/most have stickers on them that they're not designed get cold enough to store refrigerated medicines.  If you can't get a medical refrigerator in your cabin, there should be a designated refrigerator onboard (like at guest services) for passengers to store refrigerated medicines. 

That wasn't my photo.   I copied it from a helpful person here and added it to my cruise advice word document.  This is what they will give you for medicine from special needs.   All we need to store is one shot vial about the size of an epipen.   So fine for us.   But it maybe you need more storage space.   I'd tell them the size of what you need to keep cold and how many.   

Also was on Navigator last month and cooler/fridge was cold. It really depends on ship, and some shouldn’t just assume that all of them aren’t cold. The Wonder was also cold. I had a Pellegrino freeze and explode on the lower shelf on Ovation. That wasn’t normal either. But as others said, order a medical fridge. If it ends up that the one in cabin is fine, call and have them pick up the medical one. No harm, no foul.

• Like 1

If the fridge were a real fridge that would be good and would save work for the room steward, since he wouldn't need to keep an ice bucket or two filled with ice.  At the moment, I think I might make and keep Sangria in our room.  

For us, I think I'll keep the medical fridge.   Daughter's medicine is $X,XXX per vial.