NCL and Columbia's COVID19 requirement

Pirate114

We are scheduled to take a 15 day Panama Canal  cruise this month.  A while back we received an email that informed us about the COVID19 policy as pertaining to Columbia. Since my task is making sure we are in compliance with all the rules as well as handling all the paperwork (wife does the hard part of organizing and packing), I just dismissed the email because we are both vaccinated. Then my wife read on Facebook about Columbia and asked if people would be tested in order to debark in Columbia.  This started a good and interesting conversation. I went back and read the email and it says we must either show proof of being vaccinated or proof of a negative COVID19 test at time of boarding. It does not say what will happen if the test is positive. Since NCL's policy is to not require showing proof of testing or vaccination status but Columbia does require proof, will those who test positive still be allowed to cruise but not debark in Columbia?

Since there are sooooooo many vaccinated people gettting Covid  regardless of how many boosters they got, I don't get why they are requiring either the vaccination or the test. I would think by now they all know you can still be positive if you are vaccinated.....so why not drop that requirment and just make everyone have a negative test?

4 hours ago, Pirate114 said:

We are scheduled to take a 15 day Panama Canal  cruise this month.  A while back we received an email that informed us about the COVID19 policy as pertaining to Columbia. Since my task is making sure we are in compliance with all the rules as well as handling all the paperwork (wife does the hard part of organizing and packing), I just dismissed the email because we are both vaccinated. Then my wife read on Facebook about Columbia and asked if people would be tested in order to debark in Columbia.  This started a good and interesting conversation. I went back and read the email and it says we must either show proof of being vaccinated or proof of a negative COVID19 test at time of boarding. It does not say what will happen if the test is positive. Since NCL's policy is to not require showing proof of testing or vaccination status but Columbia does require proof, will those who test positive still be allowed to cruise but not debark in Columbia?

So,,, it is critical that you follow the rules of the cruise line, not something you read on the internet. 

And NCL's rules are posted on the website that should have been emailed to you repeatedly and not ignored. NCL's policy requires proof of vaccination and 3rd Party Verified testing 48 hours prior to your cruise departure. 

NCL: "Guests may be denied boarding if all country specific requirements are not met."

https://www.ncl.com/travel-requirements-by-country

Age Vaccinated Unvaccinated
< 18 years Nothing Required Nothing Required
> 18 years Proof of completed series of one-dose or two-dose vaccination regimen at embarkation.
OR
Provide proof of one of the following:
  1. Negative COVID-19 antigen test no later than 48 hours before of the embarkation date
  2. NAAT test (i.e., PCR) no later than 72 hours of embarkation date
Provide proof of one of the following at embarkation:
  1. Negative COVID-19 antigen test no later than 48 hours before of the embarkation date

3 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

If Columbia requires proof of vaccination and/or a negative test, this will be handled at check in.

Ahhhhh,,, but you need to show up to check-in with a vaccine card and negative test results from a verified 3rd party lab. You can't wait until check in to figure that out,,,,  you're not getting on the ship without both. 

19 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Ahhhhh,,, but you need to show up to check-in with a vaccine card and negative test results from a verified 3rd party lab. You can't wait until check in to figure that out,,,,  you're not getting on the ship without both. 

If you are vaccinated you only need proof of vaccination. Not both. According to what you just posted it says and/or.  

• Like 1

This is the text taken off of the NCL's website.  Unless I just don't understand things anymore it does not say anything about have to be tested or vaccinated. In fact it says I don't have to be.

With the relaxation of travel requirements around the world, we’re thrilled to welcome all guests back on our ships to cruise freely to the places they’ve been dreaming of – regardless of vaccination status and with no testing requirements.

uneamie you are correct.

Sorry about the miss spelling of Colombia.

8 minutes ago, Pirate114 said:

This is the text taken off of the NCL's website.  Unless I just don't understand things anymore it does not say anything about have to be tested or vaccinated. In fact it says I don't have to be.

With the relaxation of travel requirements around the world, we’re thrilled to welcome all guests back on our ships to cruise freely to the places they’ve been dreaming of – regardless of vaccination status and with no testing requirements.

uneamie you are correct.

Sorry about the miss spelling of Colombia.

Read right below the section you just listed.

image.png.c4e3fe9f0e1275140a026c6c2db783f1.png

Edited by Liljo22

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

And NCL's rules are posted on the website that should have been emailed to you repeatedly and not ignored. NCL's policy requires proof of vaccination and 3rd Party Verified testing 48 hours prior to your cruise departure. 

The policy for Colombia at the NCL link you posted is proof of vaccination OR testing (antigen or NAAT), not AND testing 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

NCL's policy requires proof of vaccination and 3rd Party Verified testing 48 hours prior to your cruise departure. 

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Proof of completed series of one-dose or two-dose vaccination regimen at embarkation.
OR
Provide proof of one of the following:

Which is it?