Classic Beverage Package Changes and Devaluation

j0hnnyb0yyyyy

32 minutes ago, j0hnnyb0yyyyy said:

I’m not arguing the history of a drink package ! 
I’m stating that I (and my friends) apparently had a false assumption of what was included based on digital data the cruise line published. PERIOD. 

The fact that some of you want to argue with my over my VALID PERCEPTION, from what I saw with my own eyes, says more about you, then me. 

12 minutes ago, j0hnnyb0yyyyy said:

THIS!!!!!

Thank you for understanding me instead if being another fanboy/fangirl!

No need to be ignorant or rude - and nothing to do with being a 'fanboy' as you call it! If you were that concerned at the time, you should have taken the list that you so righteously throw in our faces to the Customer Service desk and shown them the 'facts', as you call your 'VALID PERCEPTION'. If you could prove that you didn't incorrectly perceive it, then they would have no choice but to honor it.

Much better than throwing around accusations and insults.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, j0hnnyb0yyyyy said:

My aunt showed me her cruise planner, which showed the same thing and I based my decision off of. Any other questions ? Figured it was reliable coming from a verified celebrity cruise webpage and all. 

I thought you said you can’t recall what it said when you booked but that it was what you saw in your cruise planner that lead to booking three other rooms.

1 hour ago, j0hnnyb0yyyyy said:

I cant say for sure, of what it said pre-cruise as i dont have recollection or screenshots, but i can certainly tell you that what was said in the pre cruise planner and the screen shot i sent out led to the booking of 3 more rooms. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Guindalf said:

No need to be ignorant or rude - and nothing to do with being a 'fanboy' as you call it! If you were that concerned at the time, you should have taken the list that you so righteously throw in our faces to the Customer Service desk and shown them the 'facts', as you call your 'VALID PERCEPTION'. If you could prove that you didn't incorrectly perceive it, then they would have no choice but to honor it.

Much better than throwing around accusations and insults.

If what I say, comes off as ignorant or rude to you, I sincerely apologize. I made a post as to why am upset about something. And I’ve explained exactly why I was upset about something. Half of what I have received in response are a bunch of technicalities in defense of a multi billion dollar corporation. But as I’ve shown you, is that I in fact, read that the inclusions of the zero proof package were included in the classic beverage package whether it be a mistake, or just a means to cur costs. So I just don’t understand the need to feel to invalidate something.

2 minutes ago, prmssk said:

I thought you said you can’t recall what it said when you booked but that it was what you saw in your cruise planner that lead to booking three other rooms.

You’re absolutely right, I can’t recall what the generic website said beforehand. My assumption is that the two would be the same. I guess it’s wrong for me to assume a multi billion dollar company has such a technical difficulties in this day and age.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, j0hnnyb0yyyyy said:

If what I say, comes off as ignorant or rude to you, I sincerely apologize. I made a post as to why am upset about something. And I’ve explained exactly why I was upset about something. Half of what I have received in response are a bunch of technicalities in defense of a multi billion dollar corporation. But as I’ve shown you, is that I in fact, read that the inclusions of the zero proof package were included in the classic beverage package whether it be a mistake, or just a means to cur costs. So I just don’t understand the need to feel to invalidate something.

No-one is defending X. Many, including me, are just parting with the information that they know. I was on Solstice just last week, so I have a good understanding of what was included in each package, so I know that what you perceived was either a misunderstanding or a glitch in the matrix. If it as the latter, then you have a valid complaint, but you would need to prove it to X, not to a bunch of yahoos on an indiscriminate forum!

Unfortunately, the best time to contest this was when you first found out and definitely while on the ship. It's hard to imagine what, if anything, would happen now you're back on land.

I hope you had a good trip aside from this disappointment.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, j0hnnyb0yyyyy said:

You’re absolutely right, I can’t recall what the generic website said beforehand. My assumption is that the two would be the same. I guess it’s wrong for me to assume a multi billion dollar company has such a technical difficulties in this day and age.

So you’re surprised a big company has a typo on their website?  It happens.  If you come here before booking people can give you the run down.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cruisin from florida said:

?? Yes?? I hope so.

No. The things in Zero Proof are included on the Premium package. 
Here is a link showing what is included in all 3 packages.

The column you see when you open the link is the Classic package, below it is Zero Proof and when you scroll over the Premium package is displayed.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/compare-packages

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Justprettynpink said:

This was there a couple of days ago.....It has since changed....

Classic Package.pdf581.23 kB · 85 downloads

Per the pdf it shows Zero Proof Cocktails, which is different than the Zero Proof Package, which may be part of the confusion???

Not sure, but a thought...

Cheers and bon voyage

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, jelayne said:

No. The things in Zero Proof are included on the Premium package. 
Here is a link showing what is included in all 3 packages.

The column you see when you open the link is the Classic package, below it is Zero Proof and when you scroll over the Premium package is displayed.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/compare-packages

And, for people who are new to X, that might not know, that list isn't complete and can change at any time.  Like beers choices, liquors, etc., so be careful with it,  some of those brands have been on the list forever and will be there but others may or may not be on your sailing, there is no guarantee.  Just saying.... 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, rmalbers said:

And, for people who are new to X, that might not know, that list isn't complete and can change at any time.  Like beers choices, liquors, etc., so be careful with it,  some of those brands have been on the list forever and will be there but others may or may not be on your sailing, there is no guarantee.  Just saying.... 

That has always been the case on every cruise line ( also happens at bars and restaurants on land) sometimes shipments don’t arrive or only a partial shipment.

We have been on a cruise where they ran out  of Baileys on day 6 and the next cruise the Chandon wasn’t available so the substituted Montaudon.  Another cruise it was Decoy or a particular brand of beer.  

1 hour ago, j0hnnyb0yyyyy said:

My aunt showed me her cruise planner, which showed the same thing and I based my decision off of. Any other questions ? Figured it was reliable coming from a verified celebrity cruise webpage and all. 

This helps explain how you got this info prior to making the booking. The thing is that you booked an Aqua Class room, so the classic beverage package is included automatically. You can't book a sail only rate for that class of room.

I share your disappointment as it was unclear for a period of time after the updated the prices late December whether all zero-proof drinks were included in the classic package based on the conflicting info on the website and the cruise planner.

From a practical standpoint, I don't think there would be any way for X to add all zero proof drinks to your classic package since the system likely doesn't have that option. The only way they could do that would be to upgrade you to the premium package which would result in you having a higher per drink $ limit than was originally purchased.

If you pushed enough, they may give you $100 OBC for the mistake to cover drinks purchased out of pocket, as that seems to be their go-to courtesy resolution.

5 minutes ago, cruisin from florida said:

So... We have classic AI for our upcoming cruise. How can I find the price to upgrade to premium? 

In that beverage link posted a few posts above.  It used to be aournd $30/day but it's gone up, I think.

2 minutes ago, rmalbers said:

In that beverage link posted a few posts above.  It used to be aournd $30/day but it's gone up, I think. That's the thing with all this stuff, it changes all the time. 

Edited by rmalbers

13 minutes ago, jelayne said:

That has always been the case on every cruise line ( also happens at bars and restaurants on land) sometimes shipments don’t arrive or only a partial shipment.

We have been on a cruise where they ran out  of Baileys on day 6 and the next cruise the Chandon wasn’t available so the substituted Montaudon.  Another cruise it was Decoy or a particular brand of beer.  

Yes, that's true.  I guess I could have said, 'for those new to cruising' but this is an X forum.   There are a lot of people new to X that read this stuff for info and don't ever post. 

Edited by rmalbers

21 minutes ago, sherylc said:

Now I am also confused. We bought the "always included" or whatever they called it at the time which included classic drink package. Is it true that I can no longer get a frozen drink (with or without alcohol) on this package??

Yet another source of confusion.  I'm sure that you can still get an alcoholic frozen drink if it's $10 or less on the menu, and I can't imagine them including a frozen drink like a Pina Colada in the classic package, but not including a zero-proof version of it.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We have been on a cruise where they ran out  of Baileys on day 6 and the ne cruise the Chandon wasn’t available so the substituted Montaudon.  Another cruise it was Decoy or a particular brand of beer.  

Horror of horrors! On a recent Equinox cruise, the bars ran out of Cinnamon Fireball Whiskey which is DW’s drink of choice. She tells people ‘she drank the ship dry’. Cheers!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Yet another source of confusion.  I'm sure that you can still get an alcoholic frozen drink if it's $10 or less on the menu, and I can't imagine them including a frozen drink like a Pina Colada in the classic package, but not including a zero-proof version of it.

"I'll have a pina colada. Hold the rum, please. " Lol

Edited by cruisin from florida
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Iriel said:

This is so confusing. I have the "always included" package. Do I have to pay for a cappuccino in Al Bacio?

No, most drinks at Cafe Al Bacio are covered under both drink packages (except a few alcohol ones over the drink package limit).

• Like 2

I purchased the drink package the morning after they raised the classic from $69 to $89a day.  I purchased it as it did include the zero proof- specialty coffees etc and wanted the pre cruise discount.  I screen capped my purchase. Are you saying they are not honoring that now and I will need to upgrade for another 20 dollars a day to get what I originally purchased? Is the all included different from purhasing the package outright? 

Duck

• Thanks 1