Are Premium Coffees/Specialty Coffee Drinks Not Included in the Classic Package Now?

cluso

Based on another thread, I checked the Classic Package and there was no mention of specialty coffee/coffee drinks.  Did they really do away with that?  I know there was some limitations on the alcohol coffee drinks before.  It was still advertised when we booked our cruises.   ???

In the past the confusion was that on the Classic you had the premium coffee's of cappuccino etc and premium teas included but only Premium Package covered the Premium Drinks made with the higher end booze.   

I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrong.   I believe you can still get a shot of things like Bailey's in the classic. 

As PRMSSK just posted on another thread, ( as I too am concerned about inclusions that are suddenly left out of the AI package descriptions) 

If specially coffee or tea wasn’t suddenly included in the classic package, I’m sure current cruisers would be posting on here about it. 
I think ( and hope) it’s just a typo, as it is still included under the “drink package comparison “ 

13 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

In the past the confusion was that on the Classic you had the premium coffee's of cappuccino etc and premium teas included but only Premium Package covered the Premium Drinks made with the higher end booze.   

I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrong.   I believe you can still get a shot of things like Bailey's in the classic. 

The drink menu at Cafe Al Bacio was specific--our last cruise was the Oct/Nov 2022 TA on the Connie.  We have always gone for an after-dinner decaf "Cafe "Ole" at Al Bacio.  It was covered in the Classic Package--some drinks were not.  And we always got lattes or Cappuccinos in the AM.  I hope this hasn't changed.  The AM coffees in the Elite lounge are not as good as Al Bacio.

2 hours ago, prmssk said:

They are still listed on the drink package comparison on the website:  https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/compare-packages

The first column is the classic package.  The second column is the premium package.

Screenshot2023-02-15at6_37_19PM.thumb.png.9ce9639de11c32fcd7b14ceb7bee6f72.png

The comparison here is of the non alcoholic packages.  Not the Classic vs. Premium alcoholic beverage packages 

Just now, Arizona Wildcat said:

The comparison here is of the non alcoholic packages.  Not the Classic vs. Premium alcoholic beverage packages 

There is only one non-alcoholic package so there wouldn’t be a comparison of non-alcoholic packages on the website. If you follow the link, it takes you to a comparison of the classic and premium alcoholic packages. The screenshot I included is just the section of what non-alcoholic drinks are included in each of those alcohol packages as that is the part relevant to this discussion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just off the Eclipse with the classic package. It was all included in the cafe apart from a couple of the boozy coffee drinks that were around USD14. The vast majority were within the classic package. I also went down to the passport bar on deck three and they had a full list of what was included in the classic package and suggested cocktails. I thought the classic package had loads of choice for me and did not spend anything extra as I really didn't need to. Don't be shy to tell the bar staff or cafe staff that you have the classic and what can they suggest.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

And I can confirm from the Apex a few weeks ago that cappuccino was included with the classic package, as well as their version of a mocha Frappuccino. Also a hot chocolate with a shot of Jim Beam (because, hey, you're on vacation!) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/15/2023 at 8:14 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Jim, you picked a liquor that is on the Premium package 😂. How about with a shot of Kailua .