Carnival Splendor - cabin review 7212 and 7208 & question about excursions

Hi All,
Is there a change in price if pre-paying vs purchasing tours (Moreton island - dolphin feeding) while on board? Is dolphin feeding worth it? 
Keen to find out any reviews of the 7212 and 7208 stateroom cabins.

Haven't cruised in a long time and welcome any tips!

We will be cruising with children (6yo - youngest)
One of the kids birthdays will be on the departure day, would it be possible to organise a cake in advance?
Thank you!

11 hours ago, Wildence said:

Is dolphin feeding worth it?

I last saw it a few years ago. After dark they set up three or four long lines of people next to the jetty and each person waits in the queue for their turn to be given a fish and feed a dolphin. Each feed takes a few seconds.

I wouldn't say it's worth it, but then I'm biased against feeding wild animals.

Edited by SinbadThePorter
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2023 at 12:47 PM, Wildence said:

Hi All,
Is there a change in price if pre-paying vs purchasing tours (Moreton island - dolphin feeding) while on board? Is dolphin feeding worth it? 
Keen to find out any reviews of the 7212 and 7208 stateroom cabins.

Haven't cruised in a long time and welcome any tips!

We will be cruising with children (6yo - youngest)
One of the kids birthdays will be on the departure day, would it be possible to organise a cake in advance?
Thank you!

The price will be the same. I am all for booking aboard, but with pre-purchase now available, popular tours can be sold-out before you board.

I don't know about the cake on Carnival. You can pre-purchase balloon decorations, but they don't have an online link for notifying of any celebrations. Give Carnival a call and see if you can prearrange the cake. They do have some really nice cakes at their coffee bar, but they won't be pre-decorated. 

Last time I looked there were reviews of the excursions on Carnival's own website.  (Perhaps in the general website and not under your actual booking, from memory.)

I decided against the dolphin feeding as the reviews were mostly negative, along the lines of what Sinbad said above - lots of money for a few seconds' interaction and there's a long conservation presentation beforehand, which might be a bit boring for the little ones.