shop for wine/soft drinks at Barcelona port

sgmn

Hi, Its been a few years.  Can anyone advise if the shop at Barcelona port  after check in and security is still there, and is the wine choice decent/resonably  priced.

We're arriving on the day of our cruise and will be going straight from the airport to the port so would like the opportunity of getting our two bottles of permitted wine {Royal Caribbean) and a case of water before we board     

51 minutes ago, tony s said:

Recommend if taking car or cab go to Carrefour supermarket for a quick stop. There is one on way from airport 

The advantage in Barcelona is that the wine shop the OP is asking about was AFTER the security checkpoint.  So you could go thru security with no wine, then buy it inside the terminal.  You were then able to take it on the ship without further scrutiny of the cruise line, thus bypassing any limitations (and fee$) they have for carrying on your own wine. 

• Like 2

On 2/16/2023 at 10:15 AM, sgmn said:

Hi, Its been a few years.  Can anyone advise if the shop at Barcelona port  after check in and security is still there, and is the wine choice decent/resonably  priced.

We're arriving on the day of our cruise and will be going straight from the airport to the port so would like the opportunity of getting our two bottles of permitted wine {Royal Caribbean) and a case of water before we board     

It was there and well stocked with good selection around €10 a bottle in late October!  And after security 😉 

It also had a much wider selection of useful items ( like toiletries etc) than I remember. 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 2/17/2023 at 3:57 PM, little britain said:

It was there and well stocked with good selection around €10 a bottle in late October!  And after security 😉 

It also had a much wider selection of useful items ( like toiletries etc) than I remember. 

Is there only one port, and is it the same port as RCL uses? I will be on Symphony of the Seas out of Barcelona, first time at this port for embarkation. Thanks.

1 hour ago, marymunro said:

Is there only one port, and is it the same port as RCL uses? I will be on Symphony of the Seas out of Barcelona, first time at this port for embarkation. Thanks.

Yes only one cruise port for ships of this size.  You should be docked at A&B. She’s so big she spans 2 terminals! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It is a liquor store as I recall so yes it would have different types of alcohol and I know many of my friends went there to 'stock up' their cabin bars LOL (not sure if they carried beer?)

Just wondering what the situation is now and if anyone leaving from Terminal E/Helix has any recent experience or info to share?

• 2 months later...