Smokers onboard atm, a (quest)ion please.

ToxM

Hi all you lucky people onboard an O vessel at the moment. 

On a different group on a different platform, someone reported that there are now NO cigarettes available to purchase onboard. 

Please can one of you lovelies in the naughty corners please verify that you are unable to buy cigs from Horizons or Wave Bar when the ship is NOT in port. 

Please don’t bother replying to this topic if you don’t agree with smoking on board or want to say that it stinks etc etc. Not interested - just interested in the availability as listed above. 

Thanks!

We were able to buy cigarettes in Horizons when not in port on Sirena in November. They don't advertise it at all - luckily for us, a ship's officer was in the smoking lounge and gave us the scoop. (We had planned to buy cigarettes in our first port, but it got cancelled.) 

5 minutes ago, samiam0403 said:

We were able to buy cigarettes in Horizons when not in port on Sirena in November. They don't advertise it at all - luckily for us, a ship's officer was in the smoking lounge and gave us the scoop. (We had planned to buy cigarettes in our first port, but it got cancelled.) 

This was my experience as well - even as recently as last month, but someone has said that they are onboard at the moment and no cigs are on sale. I am just wondering if this was a very recent change. 

Thanks for the reply!

If the Marina ran out of Chilean sea bass, as previously reported, one of its most popular dishes, then it’s altogether reasonable that a particular ship might run out of cigarettes to sell. Absolutely nothing to do with policy. Just luck of the draw or poor planning.

23 hours ago, shepherd really said:

Could this be a supply chain smoker issue?

That's a joke son! Face it boy, I'm too fast for ya!(Yeah, thanks Foghorn)

Edited by rbtan
additions
  • Haha 1

I'm not a smoker, never have been.  Loved the original ban on smoking but I have not had a problem with the current system -- other then sometimes walking across the pool deck and suddenly smelling a lot of smoke from above. Blamed that on myself, not the smokers.

But given the restrictions on smoking on board I would be surprised if cigs are available on board.  Never having looked for them, I don't know! I guess I always assumed that smokers would get their cigarettes on land, not on board.

My bad, I guess.

Mura

On 2/17/2023 at 11:05 AM, pinotlover said:

If the Marina ran out of Chilean sea bass, as previously reported, one of its most popular dishes, then it’s altogether reasonable that a particular ship might run out of cigarettes to sell. Absolutely nothing to do with policy. Just luck of the draw or poor planning.

I don't think O has used Chilean Sea Bass in a few years. It's not a bass anyway, but a totally different kind of fish.