dinner resv. on Wonder Of The Seas

george35

We are sailing on Nov. 9th on the Wonder, there will be 9 of us. How do I go about getting tables for dinner next to each other? & how far in advance do I have to call this person??? We want to dine in the main dinning room for a late dinner.  HELP

george35

26 minutes ago, george35 said:

We are sailing on Nov. 9th on the Wonder, there will be 9 of us. How do I go about getting tables for dinner next to each other? & how far in advance do I have to call this person??? We want to dine in the main dinning room for a late dinner.  HELP

george35

They have tables that seat 10. You must have early or late traditional to make reservations through email, they don't respond if you have MTD. You can email two weeks before your cruise date with your request, they need names, reservation numbers, ship and sail date, you can request dining room and table location.   rcldining@rccl.com. We have received return emails giving us our deck number, dining room and table number. 

Edited by taglovestocruise

26 minutes ago, george35 said:

george35

Make sure everyone's booking has them assigned to 'late fixed dining'. If it's not, then work with Royal or the TA who booked each reservation to make sure everyone is assigned to late fixed dining. Do that now.  Late fixed dining is usually around 8 pm.  Then make sure all the reservations are linked so they know you are all part of the same group.  Then email the email address listed in taglovestocruise's comment above.  Wait to send that email a couple of weeks prior to your sail date.  Then once you board, head right to the maining dining room to speak with somewhere there to confirm they have taken care of it and where your table is located (a tip goes a long way for this step).  

A  little side note, when you booked your cruise you were given a choice of early or late traditional or My Time Dining. Check your reservation info to see what both parties are assigned to. No reservations needed if you picked My Time.  My Time starts at 6:45 and you can have the same time, usually same table and waitstaff if you want.  Waiters will set you up.  

16 hours ago, rockmom said:

Then once you board, head right to the maining dining room to speak with somewhere there to confirm they have taken care of it and where your table is located (a tip goes a long way for this step).  

I totally agree with everything Rockmom said until this point.  Here we might diverge.

If your group checks in together, have everyone look on their app for their table number/dining time.  They should match if you asked for one large table.  Early on day one just wander into the dining room and visit your actual table.  If the app shows matching table number and you like the table location you are done, plus you can easily find the table the first evening.  If   There is an issue, seek assistance.

If your group is not together at boarding (or soon after), so you cannot check everyone’s apps, follow Rockmom’s advice, confirming the arrangement at the dining room.

5 hours ago, george35 said:

Thanks to all who responded to my question about dinning it made things a lot easier for me, once again THANK YOU ALL.

Over the years, when we travel with family, we plan a couple of group meals. And folks show up if they want other than that. The kids and grandkids are on their own schedule and secretly/actually dread group dinners. They would prefer venturing out on their own to specialty dining and going to see shows on their own schedule. If you want to be a good host, don't force people to eat with you every night... 

make sure you link everyone to your booking - when you are on   royal on the website and see your booking under it you will see don't see your cruise you can add all your friends there, if you all book with the same person they should you link, you then you will automatically be given the same table as long as you have the same dinning time and pick a big table