OVC Valentine's Day on silhouette - shocking!

newtocruiseinblue

18 hours ago, zitsky said:

I was joking maybe.  I’ve done final payment on two cruises already.  Based on these two I may decide on no more Celebrity cruises.  Partner doesn’t want Viking again.  People are too old.  (No joke).  Not sure what else we will do.

Unless you’re a suite cruiser, perhaps one of HALs new ships would be a good fit.

13 hours ago, Lastdance said:

I totally agree; airfare is out of sight down under, even from the west coast!  We are only flying one-way next year to Sydney, b2b/TP  for 2024, but want to go biz class.  Maybe I will have to cancel a cruise for this year to pay for my flights...🥲

Take a look at Premium Economy on Qantas, not quite business but a lot less expensive and way better than coach...

https://www.qantas.com/gb/en/qantas-experience/travel-classes/premium-economy.html

• Thanks 1

This is just another example of the cutbacks on Celebrity. Cakes are the cheapest of desserts. They are the bottom feeders of the dessert world. I hear these are sourced from cake farms in China which is even worse. 

Or am I thinking of the tilapia? Too many complaints to keep track of. 😉

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Mark_T said:

Take a look at Premium Economy on Qantas, not quite business but a lot less expensive and way better than coach...

https://www.qantas.com/gb/en/qantas-experience/travel-classes/premium-economy.html

Thanks!  I actually have this for the first time coming back from Europe on United, so that will be interesting to price on Quantas as well.  Then United offered to move us to biz class for 12,000 miles each.  I know that I could handle that from Rome to the west coast...

On 2/17/2023 at 6:37 AM, miched said:

Did the pastries taste good?   They always look fantastic but have no flavor.   We would take samples sizes from many and after one bite leave them.  Not worth the calories.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

THIS!

I often love the looks, but coming from a family of three-generation pâtissiers with bakeries and cafe's I'm often shocked how these cruise lines can't get someone who uses European standards in creating these masterpieces. It's such a waste of ingredients to go through all the effort just to make something that tastes like creamy, sugary sponges. They often taste like something you would buy at an average American supermarket.

• Thanks 1

Sometimes I wonder why people cruise, but thank goodness they can write about how awful/wonderful the experience was so others can compare and evaluate. Also, Celebrity does read these boards. Yes, life is not perfect; cruising isn’t either, but this is Cruise Critic. Spending time reading the boards for other companies is a great way to find out what is happening on those ships too. I have learned a lot from many posters, so thank you for that valuable information and making my cruising experience much more enjoyable.  I dearly miss vtcruising(Marilyn) and her excellent information regarding E class ships. Her name is still at the top where cabin/suite information is found.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/18/2023 at 4:59 PM, Fly and Sail said:

THIS!

I often love the looks, but coming from a family of three-generation pâtissiers with bakeries and cafe's I'm often shocked how these cruise lines can't get someone who uses European standards in creating these masterpieces. It's such a waste of ingredients to go through all the effort just to make something that tastes like creamy, sugary sponges. They often taste like something you would buy at an average American supermarket.

I think the average American supermarket has better items.  Still horrid and I'd never buy them.  I was super impressed with the bakery offerings in London last month.  The cakes were made with actual butter. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

Hate to pile on, but MORE good news about DINNER in the OVC currently on Equinox. 

Another buried comment no one cares to see. Also, just listened to a podcast that said our brains prefer bad news to positive news. 

7B4AD340-B671-4B11-8226-A04B55A364A4.thumb.jpeg.fac7734b5c4b00af217ae0defb612019.jpeg

How is the OVC different at lunch usually?  I imagine they don’t offer as much variety at lunch versus dinner?  And what are the normal hours for lunch at the buffet?

I was on the Equinox on Valentine's Day and did not see this display or any real recognition of the holiday. At dinner every woman was given a red rose. I would rather they spent the money on Prime Rib!!   LOL!!  There does not seem to be consistency thruoghout the ships. 

6 hours ago, zitsky said:

How is the OVC different at lunch usually?  I imagine they don’t offer as much variety at lunch versus dinner?  And what are the normal hours for lunch at the buffet?

Lunch has traditionally been the strongest performance of the buffet. Most people go to the restaurants in the evening and often times I see more officers eating at Oceanview than actual passengers (at least it feels that way).

• Like 1

On 2/16/2023 at 4:48 PM, newtocruiseinblue said:

Someone just posted pics of the OVC on Valentine's Day on the silhouette and it's shocking! 

It's shocking because it looks fabulous! Amazing desserts, carving stations, even a free wine tasting! Get the smelling salts!

Let's balance out the doomsday negativity with some positive experiences!!! ❤️🥰

Love the click-bait thread title 😆 and I appreciate you posting this @newtocruiseinblue. Too much negativity.

cjr

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1