Cruise director for Oasis

evelynw2

14 hours ago, evelynw2 said:

Hi does anyone know who the CD is for Oasis  this month ?

It's Ricky and he's great. Was onboard with him a few weeks ago, he was EVERYWHERE. Showed up to bunch of events, saw him on the pool deck, in the promenade...and he's very funny and does a great job getting the crowd into the events 

6 hours ago, Orange jeep said:

Thanks, does anyone know about Tom Hopkins?

I had him on Oasis over New Year - was OK but not amazing. Seemed to be going through the motions a bit and wasn't very engaging as host, Love & Marriage was rushed and not that funny (as opposed to Cruise Directors like Abe Hughes & Marc Walker who are pros at it), didn't hear good things about his Quest from other passengers. But he didn't actively annoy me and got the job done. Oasis Class is a tough gig for most CDs since there is so much admin to do, only the very best CDs shine on them.

Edited by GlasgowCruiser01

18 hours ago, GlasgowCruiser01 said:

I had him on Oasis over New Year - was OK but not amazing. Seemed to be going through the motions a bit and wasn't very engaging as host, Love & Marriage was rushed and not that funny (as opposed to Cruise Directors like Abe Hughes & Marc Walker who are pros at it), didn't hear good things about his Quest from other passengers. But he didn't actively annoy me and got the job done. Oasis Class is a tough gig for most CDs since there is so much admin to do, only the very best CDs shine on them.

This is pretty much what I've heard, also. It's a shame, because we had Ricky a few weeks ago, and he was GREAT... so much fun, energetic and all over the ship all day long, We are back on Oasis in October and curious to see if it will still be Tom and if so, how he compares to Ricky.