Taxi Cost

LoveChops

4 hours ago, LoveChops said:

Hi

I'm staying at The Washington Park Hotel in NYC pre and post cruise.

Can someone please tell me the approximate taxi cost from here to the Cape Liberty Port and also the approximate journey time.

Thank you.

Arranging car service with either Carmel Limo or Dial 7 would be better than using a taxi. Inquire if the price quoted includes tip and tolls. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Please note that Cape Liberty is across state lines in NJ. NYC taxis are not required to take you there. Any fare would be arranged between you and the driver.

You might want to look at a pre-arranged service.

And most taxi drivers will refuse to go there. They will go to Newark Airport. They are required to go there. Uber and Lyft drivers might also turn down Cape Liberty. A pre arranged service as you suggest is their best option. 

26 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

I don't think thats really accurate. I've never had an Uber/Lyft driver turn down a ride in NYC and I've taken them as far as Philly before. 

Not in the New York area but I have had them cancel long rides. It would show driver coming in 10 minutes then cancel, then another 12 minutes then cancel then 40 minutes later the ride would show. 

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

Not in the New York area but I have had them cancel long rides. It would show driver coming in 10 minutes then cancel, then another 12 minutes then cancel then 40 minutes later the ride would show.

That I agree with and have experienced, just not in the NYC area. Mainly in places that Uber/Lyft don't have as big of a presence. 

I'm just making the point because frankly I would recommend to the OP that Uber/Lyft in this situation is most likely the easiest/most cost effective solution to get to Cape Liberty. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

That I agree with and have experienced, just not in the NYC area. Mainly in places that Uber/Lyft don't have as big of a presence. 

I'm just making the point because frankly I would recommend to the OP that Uber/Lyft in this situation is most likely the easiest/most cost effective solution to get to Cape Liberty. 

If they have US cell phone service. Where is Gateshead? And from their first post I gather they are unfamilar with NYC.

• Thanks 1