Why is it so hard to refer someone?

ccheng6401

I am a past passenger and I have been trying to refer my bf to become a member because we plan to take a cruise together. He has never cruised before. I sent him a referral link to sign up but he kept getting the message saying he is not eligiable for the offer.  He tried different phone numbers and email addresses but still no luck.  He even tried different browsers. Does anyone know why he is having such a hard time to validate the referral? It's too bad if we can't each get the $25 credit.  He is a U.S. resident so I can't think of any reason why he is not eligiable.   Thanks. 

• Like 1

Is it possible that he reserved a cruise in the past but didn’t go?  If so, he was assigned a Princess number and won’t be able to get in on that referral.  That’s what happened to some friends of ours that didn’t cruise at the time they put a hold on a cabin in the past.  When I tried to refer them, they couldn’t apply it because the names had older numbers assigned.  

• Like 1

If you requested anything from Princess (catalog, a fare, etc), you are assigned a Captain Circle number,  I had trouble with my supinated.  Further research showed she was with Holland American, but never Princess.  A phone call fixed that.  

I talked to a Princess rep and she said I need to have an active booking before i can refer someone. If I reserve a cruise now, my bf's name will be on that reservation and he won't be able to get the referral credit becasue the system will assign a captian circle number to him. Isn't it odd that I can't refer someone who plan to cruise with me?   I was trying to get him a captain circle number through my referral link and then use that number to book his first cruise.

Incorrect, you do not need to have an active booking.

incorrect, do not get him/her a Captain Circle number before booking.  It will negate the referral.  

You can book a cruise as a single or Mr. TBA and then add second passenger later 

• Like 1