Viking on line check In the best!

oskidunker

25 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

Took about a minute. They used photos we had and resized them. No copies of passports required.Princess check in was a nightmare compared. 

We did the "comfort check in" this week too.  You are right, it is very easy, but we've done it before and still had to have our photos taken, etc. once we boarded.  This time, they sent us boarding passes.  We'll see if that makes a difference. But usually we're pretty excited to be there and to chat with our fellow passengers while we wait, so it doesn't really matter. 

2 minutes ago, millybess said:

we've done it before and still had to have our photos taken, etc. once we boarded

On our last cruise, DW had to have her picture taken again when checking in but not me. Maybe the picture she uploaded was out of spec or she changed hairdos. I did notice that when you tap your card to board/unboard your picture appears on their screen and they visually ID you. They want a clear and current picture.

I was going to say the same.  Still have to go through the checkin process at the dock.  I couldn't tell much difference in those who had done the Comfort Checkin and us who didn't.  In any case the Viking checkin is the best we have experienced on any line.