Bags limit?

JamieBeth

They don't appear to enforce it.  I have seen people carry 3-4 bags onboard for a 4 day cruise.

Of course, you are the one who is going to have to figure out where to store everything in your cabin.

Personally, I only do one backpack and one carry-on sized piece of luggage, even on my last 14-day cruise.  And I brought 5 dresses with me.

Yes, it would be fine, but I promise you're not going to need that much stuff for a cruise. Nobody will likely notice - or even care - if you wear the same thing multiple times or mix/match the same few pieces of clothing. And don't forget you'll have pretty limited space in your cabin for everything.

Personally, I don't like keeping up with that much stuff while traveling, and stick with a carry-on and a backpack or similar sized tote bag. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, JamieBeth said:

Can I bring 2 bags of luggage AND a garment bag? I'd really like to have my dresses not be wrinkled. 

I know the website says it RECOMMENDS 2 bags ... what about garment?

14 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

Absolutely, you can.  Recommendations and rules are two very different things.

14 hours ago, staceyglow said:

They don't appear to enforce it.  I have seen people carry 3-4 bags onboard for a 4 day cruise.

First of all, @JamieBeth, welcome to Cruise Critic!  I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Second, Carnival has its recommendations for luggage at https://www.carnival.com/help?topicid=1373 .  It's not bad as Web sites go, and these recommendations have been consistent over the past decade.  

Third, since they're only recommendations (except for the size rule), there's nothing for Carnival to enforce.  And the enforcers at Carnival are a little busy with other things these days.