Any last minute good deals out of SAN/ SoCal for spring break (mid march)?

JesseLivermore

Would like to go some where warm ideally. Open to other cruise lines as well but  Have military and stockholder  OBC on CCL lines

Sister's family is based out of Houston so open to CCL out of there too, but been really pricey compared to SoCal in the past. 

TIA!

Edited by JesseLivermore

• JesseLivermore changed the title to Any last minute good deals out of SAN/ SoCal for spring break (mid march)?

Like next month? You just need to see what the website is offering, unless you are using a TA. I would suggest also checking a couple of the online TAs for possible last minute deals.

HAL only has two ships operating out of San Diego this winter...should be easy to check them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JesseLivermore said:

Would like to go some where warm ideally. Open to other cruise lines as well but  Have military and stockholder  OBC on CCL lines

Oddly, am not seeing any departures from SAN for March 2023, on the HAL website. May be sold out? The Cruise Critic "Find a Cruise" shows two HAL Mexican Riviera dates (mid and late March). As well as two Disney...

https://www.cruisecritic.com/cruiseto/cruiseitineraries.cfm?startDate=2023-03&depcity=199

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1

Best deals for Mexican Riviera are out of LA - San Pedro on multiple Carnival ships. Celebrity and Royal Caribbean also leave from there. 

But some LA Carnival cruises are already sold out for March. When exactly are the "spring break" dates you need? They vary all over the country. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OlsSalt said:

Best deals for Mexican Riviera are out of LA - San Pedro on multiple Carnival ships. Celebrity and Royal Caribbean also leave from there. 

But some LA Carnival cruises are already sold out for March. When exactly are the "spring break" dates you need? They vary all over the country. 

I hear ya, Varying is a good thing since not all at once for occupancy?

3/10-7 . 

2 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Oddly, am not seeing any departures from SAN for March 2023, on the HAL website. May be sold out? The Cruise Critic "Find a Cruise" shows two HAL Mexican Riviera dates (mid and late March). As well as two Disney...

https://www.cruisecritic.com/cruiseto/cruiseitineraries.cfm?startDate=2023-03&depcity=199

Yes Figured HAL would be best w/ Kids free, but the search continues. Might have to do LA area (hate the traffic!) 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/cruiseto/cruiseitineraries.cfm?depcity=87%2C372&startDate=2023-03&sort=price
Looks like they  start @ 
Inside Cabin
$349 pp
$50/night
Outside Cabin
$399 pp
$57/night
Balcony
$599 pp
$86/night

Need to find if I can combine kids free or military deals 

Not sure if balcony is worth it for riviera like it was for AK. Also safety ok if we stay close to ship/tourist areas in ports?

27 minutes ago, JesseLivermore said:

Not sure if balcony is worth it for riviera like it was for AK. Also safety ok if we stay close to ship/tourist areas in ports?

Just back from a B2B Mexican Riviera over the Holidays- plenty to see and do close to ports -never felt a safety problem in the standard ports:

Cabo -(right there),

Mazatlan (now has a marked pedestrian path to Old Town),

Puerto Vallarta (local bus into town- but one heck of a maze of tourist shops at new port terminal)

• Like 2

On 2/19/2023 at 4:47 PM, JesseLivermore said:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/cruiseto/cruiseitineraries.cfm?depcity=87%2C372&startDate=2023-03&sort=price
Looks like they  start @ 
Inside Cabin
$349 pp
$50/night
Outside Cabin
$399 pp
$57/night
Balcony
$599 pp
$86/night

Need to find if I can combine kids free or military deals 

Nothing on cruisecritic link above for week of 3/12  😞 So either sold out or no sailings (unlikely) Not sure if other sites will have deals since it's last minute. We could even do a 3 day

2 hours ago, JesseLivermore said:

Nothing on cruisecritic link above for week of 3/12  😞 So either sold out or no sailings (unlikely) Not sure if other sites will have deals since it's last minute. We could even do a 3 day

The koningsdam is doing a longer cruise right now that left mid Feb for maybe 35 days? Then it's going into dry dock I think.  Hawaii after that.  The zaandam is doing one March 7 day cruise.  I think that is sold out.  It is also doing Panama canal cruises.  If you are looking at Hal I think you are out of luck.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shippy said:

We are are the 7 night, 3/18/22 cruise out of San Diego. It has been sold out for quite a long time.

There is 1 other 7 night in March but that also has been sold out.

Actually I just looked on a large online cruise seller.  It has one 7 day on Mar 18, and a 10 day on March25 and 2 14 - day canal cruises.

• Like 1

We are booked on the Match 11 & 18 th  Mexico Cruises on Celebrity Soltice   sailing from the World Cruise Center Sam Pedro which is Los Angeles county   .Prices are very good ,check them out better than others 

I have  Roll Calls going for both cruises as well as Meet & Greets 

Cliff

Edited by mcrcruiser
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

We are booked on the Match 11 & 18 th  Mexico Cruises on Celebrity Soltice   sailing from the World Cruise Center Sam Pedro which is Los Angeles county   .Prices are very good ,check them out better than others 

I have  Roll Calls going for both cruises as well as Meet & Greets 

Cliff

will check it out.  Hope they're listed on  https://www.cruisecritic.com/cruiseto/cruiseitineraries.cfm?depcity=87%2C372&startDate=2023-03&sort=price

Edited by JesseLivermore

2 hours ago, JesseLivermore said:

In my opinion hal should have kept the koningsdam doing 7 and 10 day cruises and sent the zaandam to do the long cruise.  I bet the koningsdam didn’t go out full for that particular cruise.  Would love a 10 or 11 day cruise that’s not at the end of the month.  I think the solstice is a good choice.  I definitely considered it before how sucky their cancel for any reason insurance for Canadians.  

4 hours ago, JesseLivermore said:

Were doing March 11 th  & March 18th as B2B cruises , In CC  I saw the March 18 but not March 11th  cruise . We got a very good deal for both cruises .The March 25th cruise may not stop in Monterey because the terms that the city council just passed about the dock 

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

In my opinion hal should have kept the koningsdam doing 7 and 10 day cruises and sent the zaandam to do the long cruise.  I bet the koningsdam didn’t go out full for that particular cruise.  Would love a 10 or 11 day cruise that’s not at the end of the month.  I think the solstice is a good choice.  I definitely considered it before how sucky their cancel for any reason insurance for Canadians.  

Can you get Allianz   for a  yearly insurance . Then all trips both land ,air & cruises are covered .I checked into it & it is just what we needed & at a great price  .Saves us a lot of insurance cost & no need to get insurance for every trip individually . Buy once & done for the year

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Can you get Allianz   for a  yearly insurance . Then all trips both land ,air & cruises are covered .I checked into it & it is just what we needed & at a great price  .Saves us a lot of insurance cost & no need to get insurance for every trip individually . Buy once & done for the year

Yes I know people try to talk me out of cancel for any reason.  I want it for exactly that, any reason.  I have health insurance through my employer.  I’ve had a lot of trouble with my knees this last year and I don’t want to jump through pre-existing condition hoops.  For several  cruises Covid was raging and it was touch and go on whether I’d go or not.  As Canadians we’ve had to just through way more hoops to travel then you folks earlier in the pandemic.  So I want that ability to cancel for any old thing, not just the normal reasons. Cancel for any reason is a non negotiable for me.

• Like 2