Pirate's LIVE Celebration Review...February 26-March 5, 2023

pirate4me2

I seem to be having issues with Cruise Critic off and on on my phone. Not sure what’s up with that. All my other sites are working, so it’s just odd. I’m using an iPhone, with Safari browser, not sure if there’s a glitch somewhere but anyway…if I go radio silent for a bit, that’s why! 
The plan for today: RELAX! The only thing set in stone is dinner at Rudi’s at 5:30. 

In the Havana bar for the Wave morning show. On the way here I grabbed a white chocolate caramel frappe, it was delicious! Although I do have to ask…why a strawberry flavored straw Carnival?? 🤨 When we got to the Havana bar, I tried a Cortadito, which I loved!! I’ll def be back here for go-go juice! 

5BA8D2FA-9A7C-425A-832E-856E116D7B0D.jpeg

F8F42562-D9CF-4CC3-A5CE-91EBCD27E8AE.jpeg

252340B2-1FB8-43FE-B948-C5BEAF3CDDD5.jpeg

E369DD91-094D-4442-9D3F-13B2DAF4A764.jpeg

• Like 6

So….there is a reason for my sunrise pics this morning! Anyone that has read past reviews knows I DONT DO MORNINGS. I refuse to crawl outta bed before 9 am on vacation. However, at 3 this morning I woke up to this banging sound. I’m a light sleeper, and danggit, this sound was ANNOYING. When Chris woke up a few minutes later and commented on it I knew it was bad…he can sleep thru a dang tornado I swear. Heck, I snore like the winds from a hurricane and he rarely complains. So, he called to report it, and a maintenance guy came out to see what was up. He listened for a bit, went out on the balcony, came back in and said he’d follow up with us. So back to bed we went…but we couldn’t sleep. So we got dressed (sorta) and wandered to Guest Services at 5 to get ear plugs. The worker there said that they were looking into the problem and would get back to us, and gave us ear plugs. We wandered past Java Blue, hoping maybe they were open for coffee, but they open at 6. Oh well. We went back to the room and I saw the sun beginning to peek out, so I went on the balcony. Guess what? While out there, I found out the root of the problem! See, the idea of our balcony is great, and the view lovely…but when the ship is sailing, especially at any speed, it is frigging WINDY.  Like…almost unusable. That, combined with the fact that they put ROCKING CHAIRS on the balcony, with ONE plexiglass partition to “block” the wind, leads to the wind moving the rocking chairs, and they were banging against the side of the ship, and eventually our balcony door. Argh! I kinda think these rooms, while lovely, should either be awesome ocean view rooms, or have more plexiglass shields to help with the wind. However, the wind does help your bathing suites dry fast! Just make sure you don’t leave them unattended. 

A3CCFEB6-6B20-4F8D-A1B9-9C1F19867854.jpeg

1439C798-9241-4817-89EF-492FEE2D8168.jpeg

• Like 6

So, after the morning show Chris headed back to the cabin to do school work. Sorry buddy, Ima go have fun! I changed into swim wear and headed up to Loft 19 to check out the situation up there. Lots and lots of loungers were available, and the “spa” thingy only had 3 people in it, but holy freaking moly…the WIND! It was nuts! I threw my stuff into a free lounger and climbed into the spa (oh, it is nice! Cooler than a hot tub, warmer than a pool, with these deep seats that you can lounge in!) but I didn’t stay long. That wind was cray cray. I went down to Serenity to check it out, but after ordering a Skinny Fizz I came to the same conclusion: too dang windy. I from there decided to check out deck 8 aft, aka Summer Landing. I found a chair in the shade to throw my belongings while I cooled off in the pool. I can’t stand kids, and yes there were lots back there, but I figured after a few Planters Punches (yummy!) and Thirsty Frog Berry Hibiscus seltzers, I could manage. The best part was my seltzers were given to me unopened, so I took a few back to the room to store in the mini fridge for a late night treat. 

After changing up (steward left me Ruffy in my cabin today!) I got a mojito with berries from the Alchemy before heading to the Family Feud auditions. Vlad made the drink, it was delicious! Almost like a lemonade. The show was hilarious. We headed back to Alchemy after, Dusan is making me something, I dunno what yet. 😂

344D9473-ADC0-4E9C-98F3-795AB8F0B36B.jpeg

D11583D8-9E9D-417F-9D6D-D354C03860CB.jpeg

9EB0E064-5090-49A2-A435-81A0D9C29F6E.jpeg

6637F6A7-2210-45A3-8B36-E54CEE066769.jpeg

7405F148-E58E-4DEA-8199-5F578A6F3C6A.jpeg

F134C026-0B70-4998-A63F-21C068944A5E.jpeg

75817E22-ABDC-4200-BC97-9784F8F8598A.jpeg

2F97F39C-BA82-4796-89C0-DEE43444C81B.jpeg

C50AFFBE-4BBC-483D-9D88-2587E07049B4.jpeg

CA672711-3619-4FC8-BE48-620660B39543.jpeg

• Like 8

Like other Celebration reviews, I'm following this one, as I will be on the 6/25 sailing.  I keep hoping for a picture that shows my all-time favorite Carnival employee, Dajana.  She was one of the Alchemy bartenders on our Vista cruise last summer.  She's on the Celebration right now, and I've read about her being at the Latitudes or Golden Jubilee bars.  Of course, she could be at any of the other bars, too.  

1 hour ago, pirate4me2 said:

Last post before dinner…Dusan and Jason at Alchemy are awesome! Not quite Zoltan and Jacob (will anyone ever beat Zoltan’s creamy coconut Martini?)  but their humor is great. 
Now…on to Rudi’s!

Is that Dusan, pronounced Doo-shan? If so, he was on Sunshine at alchemy.