Pirate's LIVE Celebration Review...February 26-March 5, 2023

pirate4me2

2 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

Only one acceptable reason to be up this early on a Saturday…to head out on a cruise! We are Miami bound, Waze says we will arrive about 4:22…let’s just add 2 hours to that for Buc-ee and potty stops. So, hopefully about 6:30 we will arrive. 🙂 

Have a safe trip! Boy, do we know that stretch of road! 😀

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, amberdc87 said:

That go go juice is extremely important! And looks so very good 😂

Oh it’s delicious. I hate being so loyal to a company, but I’m a Starbucks junkie. I usually make my own at home, but a road trip calls for a stop by their store. 

11 minutes ago, LUVMYGSDOG said:

Have a safe drive!  The go go juice looks very tasty!  Now I’m going to have to visit my coffee shop this morning I’m afraid….😀

Kim

Sorry to be a bad influence! 😂

7 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Have a safe trip! Boy, do we know that stretch of road! 😀

Like the back of my hand! 😂

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Oh it’s delicious. I hate being so loyal to a company, but I’m a Starbucks junkie. I usually make my own at home, but a road trip calls for a stop by their store. 

Sorry to be a bad influence! 😂

Like the back of my hand! 😂

It's one of the only times we get Starbucks, is on road trips 😂😂

Note to self: it makes Chris (my dear hubby) angry when I examine my hair for split ends, then pull out my tiny scissors I carry in my purse, and start trimming them in “his” car. I offered to vacuum the dang thing out, so what’s the harm?? He then informs me that to stop this behavior he’s pulling off to let me drive…so I inform him that is unacceptable, he’s my chauffeur, and that is the only reason I allow him to come along on these cruises. The car is now silent…he’s still driving…did I win?? 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

11 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Note to self: it makes Chris (my dear hubby) angry when I examine my hair for split ends, then pull out my tiny scissors I carry in my purse, and start trimming them in “his” car. I offered to vacuum the dang thing out, so what’s the harm?? He then informs me that to stop this behavior he’s pulling off to let me drive…so I inform him that is unacceptable, he’s my chauffeur, and that is the only reason I allow him to come along on these cruises. The car is now silent…he’s still driving…did I win?? 🤷🏻‍♀️

As long as you're still heading south you won. 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

54 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

I mean he's still driving....and you're still in your way south....so I'd say yes. 😂😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SCOOBY3015 said:

Safe travels and wishing y’all a wonderful cruise 😁

Following 😊 

Welcome aboard! 

2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

As long as you're still heading south you won. 😁

Haha yep, almost outta GA! 

1 hour ago, amberdc87 said:

I mean he's still driving....and you're still in your way south....so I'd say yes. 😂😂

I think so too 🙂

• Like 3

Made our pit stop at the Buc-ees right outside Jacksonville. We got there about 12:30 so decided to fuel, potty and grab lunch from there. As I wandered around trying to decide what I wanted to eat, I saw this thing called a kolache. What is this? I asked the lady at the counter, and she told me it was a dough with cheddar and a jalapeño sausage in it. What the heck, I’ll try one! I got it and as a backup the Texas Cheesesteak Burrito. The burrito was the winner by far. 

7A48E22F-A6D0-4F0E-AF88-C3664B7780BB.jpeg

7485CC42-A233-42F0-9F2F-E496303D5713.jpeg

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Made our pit stop at the Buc-ees right outside Jacksonville. We got there about 12:30 so decided to fuel, potty and grab lunch from there. As I wandered around trying to decide what I wanted to eat, I saw this thing called a kolache. What is this? I asked the lady at the counter, and she told me it was a dough with cheddar and a jalapeño sausage in it. What the heck, I’ll try one! I got it and as a backup the Texas Cheesesteak Burrito. The burrito was the winner by far. 

7A48E22F-A6D0-4F0E-AF88-C3664B7780BB.jpeg

7485CC42-A233-42F0-9F2F-E496303D5713.jpeg

A true kolache is a fruit-filled Czech pastry. Very popular in Central Texas (my car exits every time in West whether I want it to or not😉).  The meat or usually sausage filled ones are actually koblasniks (sp?) but many call them all kolaches. Donut shops even call their sausage rolls kolaches which they definitely are not. Personal pet peeve😂.   More than you ever wanted to know, but if you want yo

kill time while driving… https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2016/11/28/502088150/the-czech-pastry-that-took-texas-by-storm-and-keeps-gaining-strength

Edited by lennythenose
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, lennythenose said:

A true kolache is a fruit-filled Czech pastry. Very popular in Central Texas (my car exits every time in West whether I want it to or not😉).  The meat or usually sausage filled ones are actually koblasniks (sp?) but many call them all kolaches. Donut shops even call their sausage rolls kolaches which they definitely are not. Personal pet peeve😂.   More than you ever wanted to know, but if you want yo

kill time while driving… https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2016/11/28/502088150/the-czech-pastry-that-took-texas-by-storm-and-keeps-gaining-strength

Thanks for the info!!! 👍🏻

Made our pit stop at Total Wine to stretch our legs. Last time we were here, in November, I found a very special bottle of wine and wanted to get another since I haven’t been able to get it back home. Turns out, I’ll never be able to drink that special bottle, as it was a limited release and Total Wine can’t get it anymore. 
So, to console myself, I filled my basket with other “horse” themed wines. 

3D0A1391-4181-4522-A489-19EEFBA2CF3A.jpeg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, lennythenose said:

Love Czech Stop in West, TX. Gotta stop there every time! 

• Like 1

Made our obligatory stop at Target for forgotten items (HOW did I forget sunglasses? Sheesh Steph, get with the program!) and trucked on. Got right outside Fort Lauderdale and Chris said we needed gas, so we made another pit stop in da hood. Like…no joke y’all, I hate guns but I was ready to pounce on ours if need be, and I was planning my escape route. I REALLY needed to pee but NO WAY was I getting out of the car…unless it was to run for my life. In which case, I’ll end up dead from a heart attack anyway, my body doesn’t know how to run. Anyway, I didn’t have to run, we fueled up very quickly and got the heck outta there, and now we are dealing with freaking Miami traffic, trying to fight our way to our hotel. I’m so ready to park and be done with the road trip portion! It just solidifies…I won’t sail from Miami again, unless I’m drugged and plopped onto an airplane. In which case everyone better pray those drugs don’t wear off early!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3