Pirate's LIVE Celebration Review...February 26-March 5, 2023

pirate4me2

I'll be following your live review for sure.  We will be on the Celebration in May to the Southern Caribbean and again in November with a very similar itinerary; only difference we will be in St. Martin instead of St. Thomas. I am sure we will get some good info from your live review!

2 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I am happy to hear that Miami charges for only the nights parked and doesn’t have a separate tax charge  - thank you!

But now I'm confused. The total on your bill even if they are charging you for 7 days is $88.02 which comes out to 12.57 /day with tax???

6 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

But now I'm confused. The total on your bill even if they are charging you for 7 days is $88.02 which comes out to 12.57 /day with tax???

That is the bill from Park ‘n Cruise - $10.95 a day plus $6 port entry fee plus tax.  We hate driving in the ports, so we are happy to stop at the off-site parking lot two miles before we would get to the port.  Lifting the luggage is a problem for us; they remove it from the car and lift it back in when we return. Nice shuttles, nice drivers, and organization at the port when returning from our cruises. And every sixth stay is free; they encourage saving a free stay for a longer cruise and not wasting it on a short cruise. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

That is the bill from Park ‘n Cruise - $10.95 a day plus $6 port entry fee plus tax.  We hate driving in the ports, so we are happy to stop at the off-site parking lot two miles before we would get to the port.  Lifting the luggage is a problem for us; they remove it from the car and lift it back in when we return. Nice shuttles, nice drivers, and organization at the port when returning from our cruises. And every sixth stay is free; they encourage saving a free stay for a longer cruise and not wasting it on a short cruise. 

Okay, now I got it. :classic_laugh:

1 hour ago, DeanDeeDee said:

I'll be following your live review for sure.  We will be on the Celebration in May to the Southern Caribbean and again in November with a very similar itinerary; only difference we will be in St. Martin instead of St. Thomas. I am sure we will get some good info from your live review!

Oh the Southern Caribbean, I’m jealous! I can’t wait to get back there next year, I loved Aruba and Curacao! I hope you have wonderful cruises aboard the Celebration. 🙂 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

Pre-Cruise Hotel Info:

So…..let me just say upfront that I hate Miami. It’s a beautiful port to sail away from with that awesome skyline, but other than that, I despise it. I have already decided that this is our last time sailing from there, UNLESS a kick butt itinerary that I just cannot turn down opens up. With MG and Vista homeporting in Port Canaveral, which is way closer to us, we will be choosing sailings from there. Miami just makes me alcoholism kick into high gear. Day 1 of the cruise may be my “max out the Cheers package” day. 

ANYWAY…we have never really found a hotel we care about down in good old Miami. The closest we came was the Hampton Inn that we stayed at before our Vista B2B in 2017, they had excellent customer service, but the location left a lot to be desired. So, each cruise from there we have bounced to different hotels. This time around I had a hard time finding a hotel with a park & cruise package that had rooms available for our date needed…I guess because I kept procrastinating on looking for one. I finally found Hilton Miami Downtown, and although the price made me choke ($592) I booked it. Good gravy, that is 1.5 months worth of truck payments on Rammit! With prices like this, it’s no wonder I freaking hate Miami. The location may be cool tho, if we make good time on our travel day maybe we can walk around. We shall see! 

For our May cruise out of Miami, we are booked for one night pre-cruise at the Intercontinental in Doral for $300 with their cruise package.  That includes parking for up to 14 nights, free breakfast, drinks and snacks in the evening and a $25 Uber gift card to get to the port.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, DeanDeeDee said:

For our May cruise out of Miami, we are booked for one night pre-cruise at the Intercontinental in Doral for $300 with their cruise package.  That includes parking for up to 14 nights, free breakfast, drinks and snacks in the evening and a $25 Uber gift card to get to the port.

If I ever cruise out of Miami again, I will check them out! That’s a great deal. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

Last working day before vacation, yahoo! Of course, that means this day is going to draaaaaaaaaaaag, and you can bet your cruising piggy bank that when 5:30 hits I'M OUTTA HERE. 

It is the worst that last day but ENJOY!!!!!!!

14 hours ago, DeanDeeDee said:

We're on the Celebration leaving May 14th. Just grabbed a room for $323. Thanks for the tip!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, tradewinds traveler said:

Your dog is so cute! Enjoy your cruise as we follow a long. Have fun for me.

Haha thanks, she’s a mess. I’ve never had a dog with as much personality as her! 

8 minutes ago, EllaDuChien said:

I'll be there on the 20th as well!

Have a great cruise!

• Like 2

Only one acceptable reason to be up this early on a Saturday…to head out on a cruise! We are Miami bound, Waze says we will arrive about 4:22…let’s just add 2 hours to that for Buc-ee and potty stops. So, hopefully about 6:30 we will arrive. 🙂 

• Like 14

40 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Only one acceptable reason to be up this early on a Saturday…to head out on a cruise! We are Miami bound, Waze says we will arrive about 4:22…let’s just add 2 hours to that for Buc-ee and potty stops. So, hopefully about 6:30 we will arrive. 🙂 

Happy Cruise Day!!!

On 2/23/2023 at 9:36 PM, DeanDeeDee said:

thanks to this post/thread, I just booked this package for our May cruise! 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

So excited!!! Nothing like travel day!