Carnival Venezia from NYC

d-lite-n-cruisin

1 minute ago, d-lite-n-cruisin said:

Do they utilize the Manhattan Cruise Terminal?  Doing the 15-day September Journey's Cruise to Southern & Eastern Carribean itinerary.  Looking at hotels and just want to verify before we book.

Thank you in advance!

Dan

Yes, they use the Manhattan Cruise Terminal. We will be on that cruise with you! 😎

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bvhboat said:

Just booked the November 20th sailing.

We will be driving in from the Philadelphia area, how's the parking?

Parking at the pier is secure, but $40 a day up to a max of $400. You can find parking cheaper nearby which usually involves a shuttle or lugging your bags a couple of blocks.

2 hours ago, MICMAN said:

Would it be cheaper to take the Amtrak train or Peter Pan bus, then taxi over to the pier?

You would have to price it out using the information I gave above.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

My money is on pier 90, but it's really the same place. 😎

i doubt it. Vista, Horizon and Magic all use 88 

88 has the newer style gangways that can move in all directions like up, down, left and right  to match the correct height of the ship gangways. 90 still has the older style gangways that has limited range of movement 

88 also has more space on the dock for loading and unloading the ships. 90 does not have that and can be tricky to load the ship if the terminal building does not line up with the ship correctly 

46 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i doubt it. Vista, Horizon and Magic all use 88 

88 has the newer style gangways that can move in all directions like up, down, left and right  to match the correct height of the ship gangways. 90 still has the older style gangways that has limited range of movement 

88 also has more space on the dock for loading and unloading the ships. 90 does not have that and can be tricky to load the ship if the terminal building does not line up with the ship correctly 

We'll see. In over two dozen Carnival sailings out of New York we've only sailed out of Pier 88 a handful of times. In fact in 2019 our Sunrise sailings were moved to Brooklyn because Pier 90 was being dredged. Pier 88 was not affected.  :classic_cool:

7 hours ago, bvhboat said:

Just booked the November 20th sailing.

We will be driving in from the Philadelphia area, how's the parking?

I'm on that sailing too. Coming in from NJ, south of Jamman54. Unless something happens and a family member is available, we're going to drive and park at the pier. I checked a couple hotels thinking of doing a shuttle. Priced ubers, taxis. I even thought about the bus to port authority. But in the end, I've resigned myself to sucking it up and paying the 400. Just haven't found savings enough to warrant the extra time and stress. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, sammee said:

I'm on that sailing too. Coming in from NJ, south of Jamman54. Unless something happens and a family member is available, we're going to drive and park at the pier. I checked a couple hotels thinking of doing a shuttle. Priced ubers, taxis. I even thought about the bus to port authority. But in the end, I've resigned myself to sucking it up and paying the 400. Just haven't found savings enough to warrant the extra time and stress. 

Agree. It's so much easier just to park at the pier. 😎

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

We're on an October sailing and in central Jersey. Looks like we're going to have a relative take us to the train station in Metropark to Penn Station then we'll take an Uber to the pier.

I parked at the pier once and won't waste that money again plus tolls and gas.

3 hours ago, SAM527 said:

We're on an October sailing and in central Jersey. Looks like we're going to have a relative take us to the train station in Metropark to Penn Station then we'll take an Uber to the pier.

I parked at the pier once and won't waste that money again plus tolls and gas.

We used to do something similar as the NJ Transit bus to PA stops a few minutes from my house and then taking a cab from PA to the pier.  Last couple of times we just decided to drive in (NCL cruises leave on Sunday and traffic is pretty much non existent on Sunday mornings.)  We have a cruise on this ship end of July and we are debating what we want to do.   I know parking is expensive, but pretty convenient, but traffic could make it less fun.  The train does sound like a possibility provided I could get someone to drive us to the station.

13 hours ago, mizLORInj said:

I think it would also depend what other ships are there that day.  Norwegian uses pier 88 too.  

I haven't been on Carnival in a few years (since Sunrise was in NYC) but am going on Venezia in August.  

Hi Jeff!!!  😃

Hey neighbor! 😀

On 2/22/2023 at 10:20 AM, Jamman54 said:

We will be parking at the pier on our June Venezia cruise. Will be driving down from Mass. Plan to arrive about 11am. will there still be spots available or do i need to plan to arrive sooner ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

We will be parking at the pier on our June Venezia cruise. Will be driving down from Mass. Plan to arrive about 11am. will there still be spots available or do i need to plan to arrive sooner ?

Plenty of parking. Shouldn't be a problem. 😎

Just a heads up. As of 4/1, parking is now $45/night. I didn't realize it til somebody on fb commented on it. 

Parking Rates*
No short-term parking No show parking
Cruise Parking
1 to 10 nights
$45.00/per night
(effective April 01, 2023)
Extended Cruise Parking
11 to 14 nights
$400.00
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sammee said:

Just a heads up. As of 4/1, parking is now $45/night. I didn't realize it til somebody on fb commented on it. 

Parking Rates*
No short-term parking No show parking
Cruise Parking
1 to 10 nights
$45.00/per night
(effective April 01, 2023)
Extended Cruise Parking
11 to 14 nights
$400.00

Thanks! Still $400 for our two week cruise. :classic_cool:

• Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 5:23 PM, mizLORInj said:

I think it would also depend what other ships are there that day.  Norwegian uses pier 88 too.  

I haven't been on Carnival in a few years (since Sunrise was in NYC) but am going on Venezia in August.  

Hi Jeff!!!  😃

Just a bit of history as you sail away - Pier 88/is the former French Line Pier - France, Liberte, Ile de France etc.

• Like 1

I’m in North Jersey, so I’m just going to Uber/Lyft. Going in will be a snap. However, I’m not sure about coming home since I think the rideshares technically don’t work in NY, so I think I need to pay more for someone to come from Jersey to get me. Does anyone know about that or if they just have yellow cabs waiting at the pier for people to take? I’m guessing cab rates would be significantly higher than rideshare.