Specialty Restaurant Certificate - Cruise Planner

crusinthrough

I've noticed this option in the cruise planner for an upcoming cruise.  Has anyone purchased this certificate and can share their experience?   The price is $45 and can be used at any speciality restaurant.  The T&C does not mention you have to pay the difference between $45 and the restaurant cover charge.  I'm wondering if this is a way to get a bigger discount at a speciality restaurant.  Similar to the $50 photo package for digital and prints that was offered at one time and does not exist anymore,  A lot of times, onboard staff are not familiar with what stateside promotions and discounts. 

Edited to add I cannot find a way to add the certificate for an advanced purchase in the app or cruise planner.  

SRC.jpg

SRC2.jpg

Edited by crusinthrough

• crusinthrough changed the title to Specialty Restaurant Certificate - Cruise Planner

I agree with DCPIV, the items in the Gifts & Gear section are there for someone to purchase a gift for a passenger.  That doesn't mean you can't buy it yourself but it is a Gift Certificate so you will be charged the difference in the cost of the meal with gratuity added and the value of the certificate.

5 hours ago, jelayne said:

I agree with DCPIV, the items in the Gifts & Gear section are there for someone to purchase a gift for a passenger. 

How would a non passenger access the cruise planner?  when you select manage reservation from Celebrity's webpage, you either have to sign in or create an account.  

It doesn’t have to be a non passenger, I have ordered the strawberries for a friend on the cruise who was celebrating an anniversary. 
There used to be a place on the Celebrity website where one could purchase gifts or OBC for passengers.