Beverage Package Prices Just Keep Going Up And Up!

Dayman9966

8 minutes ago, Donsyb said:

Someone on FB showed a screenshot and their price had gone down by $10 per day today - worth checking.

On our cruise planner this morning for our upcoming Wonder cruise the drink package dropped to $75.99pp, it was $85.99 last night. 

• Like 2

On 2/21/2023 at 11:52 AM, neverbeenhere said:

Is someone suggesting that I try to corner the market on Rum runner "bags"?

The way prices are going I would be surprised if Royal doesn’t see an increase in booze smuggling.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, JeffT237 said:

On our cruise planner this morning for our upcoming Wonder cruise the drink package dropped to $75.99pp, it was $85.99 last night. 

Yep I got excited when I saw B1G150 but then I remembered as always they base that off the inflated on board price, so while $75.99 is the best I've seen yet, I'm on the fence at $1075 for 2 for our 6 night.  I love the convenience but not sure I love the convenience that much!

I purchased the Beverage Package and VOOM combo on Black Friday for my upcoming Wonder 50th birthday cruise next month.  It was $84.99 a night (PP plus 18% on the drink portion only)  for the combo when I bought it.  I have OBC from my RCCL BOA visa card that I had added prior to paying

That combo is not being shown anymore.

Best price I paid for deluxe drink package was  $18.00 PPPD during Glitch gate.  Of course that cruise was cancelled during the pandemic.  

3 minutes ago, redsoxfan58 said:

I purchased the deluxe drink package a month ago and I noticed it’s a bit cheaper today. I know they say you can cancel and re-buy it. My question is I used a $50 on board credit towards the package so do you think that would be refunded too? 
Thanks 

It should be.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2023 at 7:23 AM, cindobeast said:

Our Wonder cruise has it at 82.99 😱 we are going to get it because we like the peace of mind of pre paying and can definitely get our money's worth. Bottomless mimosas in the morning with fresh squeeze OJ let's goo!

Good news, it went from 82.99 to 72.99 (I moved it to my cart but didn't purchase), then checked today and it was 77.99 but I was able to check out at the 72.99 price.

I'm going to keep my eye on it though in case it goes down!

26 minutes ago, cindobeast said:

Good news, it went from 82.99 to 72.99 (I moved it to my cart but didn't purchase), then checked today and it was 77.99 but I was able to check out at the 72.99 price.

I'm going to keep my eye on it though in case it goes down!

Congrats, mine is back up to $80.99 so I’m glad I snagged it as $75.99 but will keep checking! I hadn’t thought this cruise would be as popular since it’s not a high travel time but the cabins are becoming scarcer and my dreams of finding an affordable upgrade for cabin are fading! So I expect our prices may not go down.

• Like 1

I haven't cruised RCCL in years. Just booked today. Do you go in and check every day to see if the price goes down? I have bought on Carnival and it's a flat price all the time, so this fluctuating is new to me. Thanks!

6 hours ago, Litewait said:

I haven't cruised RCCL in years. Just booked today. Do you go in and check every day to see if the price goes down? I have bought on Carnival and it's a flat price all the time, so this fluctuating is new to me. Thanks!

It does fluctuate but not normally on a daily basis. Sometimes a special price becomes available for a very short period of days (three to four).  You would only find it by checking every day. If you checked on a weekly basis, you might miss it.

On 2/20/2023 at 7:06 PM, resetjet said:

They should probably go to a 15 drink max like carnival.  So many people get others drinks which drives up costs.  But they are adjusting accordingly and raking in the cash.  

I sure hope not. That is the main reason I do not go on Carnival cruises. 

In my calculations, I find that just 7 beers a day pay for the package at the current price of $83.99 a day for my upcoming cruise. It just became available to purchase recently. In my calculations, I used the price difference between the refreshment package and the deluxe beverage package. Because if I did not get the DBP, I would at least get the RP. 7 beers in a day are nothing for me. Plus one or two other adult beverages a day would be the norm for us also. 

They have yet to offer the DBP with Internet. That is what we plan to get when it becomes available. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, TravisP said:

In my calculations, I find that just 7 beers a day pay for the package at the current price of $83.99 a day for my upcoming cruise. It just became available to purchase recently. In my calculations, I used the price difference between the refreshment package and the deluxe beverage package. Because if I did not get the DBP, I would at least get the RP. 7 beers in a day are nothing for me. Plus one or two other adult beverages a day would be the norm for us also. 

They have yet to offer the DBP with Internet. That is what we plan to get when it becomes available. 

I bought the DBP for DH and I when it was $75.99 and I had already bought Voom at $15.99 for me only.  At the time I bought the DBP, the combo was $85.99 so had we both needed Voom it would have been a better deal.  I know I could have called and bought one combo and 1 regular, but I avoid calling for anything but price drops as I don't have that level of patience on a daily basis. I'm a beer drinker at home (IPAs) but can't find good beer on a cruise so it's vodka/waters.  6 is break even and that's not including the bottled water I'd grab too.

For reference right now:

MY October Mariner cruise is at $80.99 (I bought it at $75.99 last month) - 6 night

My February 24 Indy cruise is at $87.99 (hoping for a black friday sale!) - 4 night

My October 24 Harmony cruise is at $83.99 (hoping also for black friday or similar sale) - 6 night

Still missing my $49.99 from my 2019 5 night!

• Thanks 2

Whenever RCCL raises prices on non-cruise fare items, I celebrate and email them a thanks.

Higher priced a la carte means less pressure to raise cruise base pricing.

That’s best for me since I want to cruise a lot more.

Paid $72 per day last Nov 2022 for Harmony of Seas trip scheduled April 22, 2023. That is the price before tip.

I don’t know that anyone will ever make the “math“ work. Trust me, I spreadsheet the heck out of it. Lol. The package pricing was low enough and the added convenience made sense. Plus I assumed single drink prices were going to escalate, and I think that’s exactly what has occurred.

On 2/21/2023 at 1:52 PM, sgmn said:

That's high. Our Symphony in May is £60 (discounted through the planner)

Its £71 now with buy one get one 50% off !! . What a difference two weeks makes

NewBitmapImage(3).jpg.881d48900fc8d8333365110dde792430.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 2/20/2023 at 4:29 PM, Dayman9966 said:

With 18% taxes/tips, it's about $1,400 for 2 people on a 7 day sailing. At $200 per day, it almost forces you to drink your face off every day

If 5-6 drinks a day is "drinking your face off" then... maybe the package isnt for you

6 hours ago, dada2199cc said:

Whenever RCCL raises prices on non-cruise fare items, I celebrate and email them a thanks.

I've lost count of how many times you've posted this. Trying to get a rise out of someone?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I've lost count of how many times you've posted this. Trying to get a rise out of someone?

It’s also the truth.

I am certainly not here to share secrets but to find ways to maximize *my* enjoyment.

If it comes at a cost to you that you absorb voluntarily, sounds like we both win.

Also many of us here are shareholders, right?  Don’t we want the company to be more profitable?

26 minutes ago, dada2199cc said:

It’s also the truth.

I am certainly not here to share secrets but to find ways to maximize *my* enjoyment.

If it comes at a cost to you that you absorb voluntarily, sounds like we both win.

Also many of us here are shareholders, right?  Don’t we want the company to be more profitable?

Hopefully the bait you keep throwing in the water catches you a fish.

7 hours ago, dada2199cc said:

If passengers RUM run does this effect your math and you investment in Royal...Asking for a friend who is both a cruiser and investor.

4 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

If passengers RUM run does this effect your math and you investment in Royal...Asking for a friend who is both a cruiser and investor.

I hope folks are smart enough to do that, but in my experience the ones who I know that rum run actually end up spending more money buying booze than a drink package would have cost them.

so I’d say that works in my favor.