New to Princess - EZAir advice please

Booboochase

Hi - considering Med cruise on Enchanted in Sept - I was looking for advice/opinion on a couple things please!

We would have about a 10 hour layover at JFK to Athens - I know it would be brutal, but is it something we should absolutely not do? It would be an evening flight, wondering if it that creates much more of a delay possibility?

Also, any advice on ITA airways? This would be from Rome back to JFK for first leg.  And, to upgrade to premium would be about 350 pp. 

Apologies if these things have been covered many times! Thank you for any input!

21 minutes ago, Booboochase said:

Hi - considering Med cruise on Enchanted in Sept - I was looking for advice/opinion on a couple things please!

We would have about a 10 hour layover at JFK to Athens - I know it would be brutal, but is it something we should absolutely not do? It would be an evening flight, wondering if it that creates much more of a delay possibility?

Also, any advice on ITA airways? This would be from Rome back to JFK for first leg.  And, to upgrade to premium would be about 350 pp. 

Apologies if these things have been covered many times! Thank you for any input!

That's a long layover in NY? We are flying on EZ air from Boston to JFK to Venice only have 1.5 hours between flights. Looks like a nine hour flight over night. Our return from Athens is a 10 hour flight with 5 hour layover before returning to Boston. This is to clear customs ah JFK hope that's enough time.

Sorry I don't know that airline, we have Delta out and United back 🙁, not a fan of United but will make do.

9 hours ago, Booboochase said:

I know it's crazy long - trying to avoid 2 stops and the other few 1 stop's are a lot pricier.  How do I get to that? Thank you!!

Where exactly are you flying from? It should be fairly forward from the east coast. You have New York state under your name. When booking EZAir, you can select how many stops.

Are you saying there is only one flight schedule option available under EZAir?

Usually you will have a number of flight options to select from.

Could this be because the airport you use in NY state has limited flights or limited airlines serving it?

Princess might have a number of flight options from JFK to Athens but limited options from your home airport to JFK.

I agree with the suggestion made in another post above to see what options are available from JFK to Athens and then make other arrangements to get to NYC.

(Note that if you book the flights from your home airport and from JFK separately, you cannot check your luggage all the way through from your home airport to Athens. One of you would need to collect them at JFK, check them with the airline to Athens and go through TSA security again at JFK. Allow plenty of time for that in your scheduling.)

You may want to call Princess and ask to speak directly with someone in the air department to discuss your problem.

Yes I'm sure there are more flights available if I don't book straight from Rochester NY and just get to JFK on a separate booking.  Something to consider for sure.  

There were a couple different choices going through Philly or Chicago rather than JFK which were a few hundred more - the one in Philly was a 40 minute layover.  I was weighing price vs layover madness ha.  On the way back there is just under 4 hours at JFK. 

Thank you all for your information it is greatly appreciated! 

On 2/21/2023 at 6:58 AM, Booboochase said:

Make sure you have lounge access otherwise you’ll go MAD 😂

• Like 1