Nieuw Statendam - Your Favorite Things

CM1984

On 2/22/2023 at 5:29 PM, AFNavigator said:

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Dutch Cafe yet.  Good food and drinks...and the most reliable source of Hoegaarten beer onboard.

I am excited to go to the Dutch Cafe - - this will be our first time on one of the ships that has it!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, CM1984 said:

How is the volume in this venue?

According to my watch, the high points were around 102dB in November on the NS in the Rolling Stone room, and in the mid 90s in August on the Koningsdam. Given the variable nature of the performances, it is not sustained at that level for the entire show, but is still within the range that some sort of ear protection is sensible if you plan on watching repeat performances. We did not experience any ringing in our ears, though we will be bringing our ear gear for our April cruise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CM1984 said:

I am excited to go to the Dutch Cafe - - this will be our first time on one of the ships that has it!

We are also excited about the Dutch Cafe.  However, we were looking forward to a Specialty Coffee in the mornings and I just finished watching a video that says the Dutch Cafe does not open until 11:30am.  Does anyone know if hot beverages are served earlier?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Marelaine said:

Is there a different show in BB King and Rollingstone every night or do the bands play the same sets every night? Were there any Lincoln Stage concerts? This will be our first HAL cruise and the music is what I'm excited about.

We went every night on a 10 day cruise in September and the sets were always different.  I never found it overly loud and there were often people up dancing.  Was so much fun 🙂 There may be the odd song that gets repeated, but certainly lots of variety.  We loved it! 

Also loved the Dutch Cafe 🙂 It can get busy but service is quick and they will give you a number and bring your order to your table.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

We are also excited about the Dutch Cafe.  However, we were looking forward to a Specialty Coffee in the mornings and I just finished watching a video that says the Dutch Cafe does not open until 11:30am.  Does anyone know if hot beverages are served earlier?

Yes, you can get coffees etc much earlier than 11:30am. But I don't remember their exact opening time. They also have pastries then.

Edited by Overhead Fred
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Just got off NS on Feb. 18.  Grand Dutch Cafe is listed on the program as 6:30 a.m-9:00 p.m. every day. Also, Explorations Central has the same hours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bebe08 said:

We went every night on a 10 day cruise in September and the sets were always different.  I never found it overly loud and there were often people up dancing.  Was so much fun 🙂 There may be the odd song that gets repeated, but certainly lots of variety.  We loved it! 

Also loved the Dutch Cafe 🙂 It can get busy but service is quick and they will give you a number and bring your order to your table.  

Thank you so much.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisetravlr said:

Just got off NS on Feb. 18.  Grand Dutch Cafe is listed on the program as 6:30 a.m-9:00 p.m. every day. Also, Explorations Central has the same hours.

Glad you pointed out the Explorations Central as a coffee option.  The Dutch Cafe coffee line can get pretty long each morning.  The Explorations Central coffee stand can get backed up too but not as much as the Dutch Cafe coffee/pastry line.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

Dutch Cafe opens around 6:30 or 7 AM, if I remember correctly.  You can get more than coffee there at that time.  Pastries, yogurt parfait- just to name a couple.  There was a small line during the morning hours, but moved quickly.  The crew there was very friendly & efficient.  My favorite spot on the ship.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, CM1984 said:

Thank you for sharing, makes it seem more real! 💗💗💗💗💗

Yes, that Bossche Bol thing was delish, but they run out quickly, so get there before they run out.  And I used a knife & fork to eat mine, they are big enough to share.  Yumm  I would go to Gr Dutch Cafe every morning for my coffee,a yogurt parfait & a muffin before hubby was out of bed.

Edited by Banditswife
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisetravlr said:

Likewise on my November NS sailing. If you go before 8ish, line shouldn't be long.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Banditswife said:

Yes, that Bossche Bol thing was delish, but they run out quickly, so get there before they run out.  And I used a knife & fork to eat mine, they are big enough to share.  Yumm  I would go to Gr Dutch Cafe every morning for my coffee,a yogurt parfait & a muffin before hubby was out of bed.

Okay, explain to my what the Bossche Bol thing is please!?

Mimi

On 2/22/2023 at 8:31 AM, FlaMariner said:

Movie night snacks = good wings...and other fun stuff at the NY Pizza....A good one I forgot to mention!

I understand they're called 'movie night snacks' for a reason, but do they also serve those items on non-movie nights?

58 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

I understand they're called 'movie night snacks' for a reason, but do they also serve those items on non-movie nights?

Good question.  I do not know.....'cause I only patronized the NY Deli for "movie night" snacks when we were there for movie night.....Perhaps others will answer.