Carnival Aust reinstating delivery of paper version of daily schedule to cabins

John Herald from Carnival Australia has announced that due to passenger demand, the paper versions of “Fun Times” the daily schedules will resume being delivered to cruise cabins the night before each cruise day.  So cruisers have the option of the App and the paper version.

From 26th February 

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• aussielozzie18 changed the title to Carnival Aust reinstating delivery of paper version of daily schedule to cabins

John Heald is Carnival's Brand Ambassador, globally. As a past cruise director, he is now Carnival's face on social media.

Good news about the printed version. The dailies are one of the few souvenirs that we like to keep to remember our cruises.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, arxcards said:

John Heald is Carnival's Brand Ambassador, globally. As a past cruise director, he is now Carnival's face on social media.

Good news about the printed version. The dailies are one of the few souvenirs that we like to keep to remember our cruises.

Agree. We like the paper version and this will save collecting it from guest services. We too also keep as our only souvenir of cruise.

• Like 3

We also missed the paper ones especially on boarding day and for keeping as a souvenir.  Midway through our most recent cruise, daughter realised the app will send you a reminder if there is an upcoming event you were interested in attending.  There were other reasons we liked the app too.  It’s good we can now have both paper Fun times & the app on Carnival

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, clairebearinaus said:

I'm very happy about this.  I've switched to digital for nearly everything, but sitting down over morning coffee (or mimosa) with the newsletter and a highlighter pen is a little cruising pleasure which just can't be replicated with the app.

Agree.  That is great news. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beatleman said:

Hope Royal takes notice and follows suit, I hate having to carry a phone everywhere on board.🙃

57 minutes ago, valantine80 said:

On our cruises on Royal, November and January, and Carnival two weeks ago, we asked room steward for paper copies and they were delivered nightly no problem.

I refuse to carry my phone around when on a cruise. And my iOS is too old for the RCI app.

We debarked from the Quantum OTS on Thursday. We asked our room steward for the Compass and he delivered ONE to our stateroom each afternoon. I went to Guest Services each morning for an additional copy. They no longer put them out on the racks, you have to ask them for it. 

I was unsuccessful in my attempts to convince them to service my room twice a day. ☹️

• Like 1