Diamond Lounge and Concierge Questions

danny8826

On 2/25/2023 at 8:02 AM, island lady said:

Technically yes, and will usually be posted above the snacks.  "No food or beverage allowed out of the lounge".....but that has gone the way of the dressy dress code....is pretty much ignored. 

No worries, and I take coffee out every morning.  🙂 

They never cared when people took food out.  But before Covid, they usually cared about drinks leaving the lounge.  The rest they had no care.  There is free food everywhere.  

8 hours ago, topnole said:

They never cared when people took food out.  But before Covid, they usually cared about drinks leaving the lounge.  The rest they had no care.  There is free food everywhere.  

Agree...and yet that sign is posted in full view above the goodies.  No sure why they bother any longer, but I think they have to follow protocol.  

In the past, before vouchers, you could get unlimited drinks during happy hour in the DL.  Now...you need your vouchers in there, which you can also use at any bar around the ship.  So indeed taking the drinks out of the DL (especially when seating is limited) is quite often needed to find a seat.  

23 minutes ago, island lady said:

Agree...and yet that sign is posted in full view above the goodies.  No sure why they bother any longer, but I think they have to follow protocol.  

In the past, before vouchers, you could get unlimited drinks during happy hour in the DL.  Now...you need your vouchers in there, which you can also use at any bar around the ship.  So indeed taking the drinks out of the DL (especially when seating is limited) is quite often needed to find a seat.  

Yeah.  Definitely a protocol thing, but they had zero reason to care about food in the old days.  Now, zero reason to want too many in the lounge so they are happy for you to order and drink and leave.  

The sign is funny relative to what they do.  But what’s really funny is the Covid test documentation needed for our upcoming transatlantic.  Talk about just covering your butt.  

• Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 12:32 PM, danny8826 said:

If the concierge doesn't mind/care, you shouldn't either.  I tell you...some of those people in that lounge are snobs.  They think they are all that.  I would care less for those.  My motto is if you are nice to me, I will be extra nice to you, but if you are not so mean, then expect the same and more.

On Symphony, it was my first cruise as diamond and using the lounge. Loved the perk, but man some of the conversations I overheard in that lounge lol. One guy would have a nightly complaining fest about how "the program just isn't what it used to be" and "all these young kids becoming diamond and ruining it for everyone else" 😅

Our concierge was quite nice, she even set up my free internet day for me so I didn't have to go to the internet people. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/25/2023 at 6:56 PM, c-leg5 said:

Didn’t you get free coffees at Promenade Cafe if the lounge machines were broken? We have never had to use our vouchers.

No we did not.  That was not offered.

On 2/25/2023 at 6:57 PM, Coralc said:

I really don't believe they were wearing bathing suits around on Navigator recently. It has been freezing cold, with snow and rain. Nice story, but my apologies, I don't really buy it. Bathrobes, maybe. But not bathing suits. 

You don't have to buy it but doesn't change the fact that it was a true happening. Really it snowed on the Navigator when you were onboard?  Wow that must have had everyone out watching it snow.

2 hours ago, imola said:

No we did not.  That was not offered.

That’s unusual.

The machines are broken regularly but we have always been given either a paper card or coffee loaded on our seapass card which we have shown at the coffee shop. I am surprised this wasn’t offered on your sailing and that the coffee venue didn’t know when they swiped your card. 

It is bad enough that the Diamond lounge concierge didn’t tell you but I would certainly have had something to say if I had paid for a suite and no provisions were made.

5 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

That’s unusual.

The machines are broken regularly but we have always been given either a paper card or coffee loaded on our seapass card which we have shown at the coffee shop. I am surprised this wasn’t offered on your sailing and that the coffee venue didn’t know when they swiped your card. 

It is bad enough that the Diamond lounge concierge didn’t tell you but I would certainly have had something to say if I had paid for a suite and no provisions were made.

Thank you.  I probably would have handled it differently if I hadn't had my vouchers to use.  I got by but we are booked on a a 4B for 18 nights come Sept and based on feed back here I will handle it differently if they are broken again.

• Like 1