How to adjust price on booking after price drop

Nataly1982

Hi Everyone 

I need some help with the price adjustment process after price drop. 

We booked 7 day Alaska cruise for €1,135 pp, paid €175 booking deposit. Final payment is not until mid April. 

Today I can see that price dropped to €857 pp. 

Called CS, she was checking with supervisor if price adjustment is even possible, then confirmed they can reduce slightly but we will pay an administrative fee for the amount of port fees&charges. 

I find it hard to believe this is correct. When we booked representative said we can adjust any time before final payment, but we might lose any promotions (like 3 latitudes points per night is current offer is now 2). I’m ok with that. 

Never done price adjustment before, didn’t even know it is possible until I read about it on this forum.

Would appreciate any advice. 

Thanks

well you only lose the promotions if they are not being offered as of today.  if the promos are the same (they often are) then you get them.

once you are past final payment, it *used* to be that if there was a price drop you could move up to a better room (i.e., move from window to balcony) as they wont adjust you at that point.  not sure if its the same now.

1 hour ago, BostonGal35 said:

once you are past final payment, it *used* to be that if there was a price drop you could move up to a better room (i.e., move from window to balcony) as they wont adjust you at that point.  not sure if its the same now.

I believe this is still valid, for someone with a North America-based booking.  OP has a UK or Europe-based booking which has different rules for price adjustments.

2 hours ago, Nataly1982 said:

Hi Everyone 

I need some help with the price adjustment process after price drop. 

We booked 7 day Alaska cruise for €1,135 pp, paid €175 booking deposit. Final payment is not until mid April. 

Today I can see that price dropped to €857 pp. 

Called CS, she was checking with supervisor if price adjustment is even possible, then confirmed they can reduce slightly but we will pay an administrative fee for the amount of port fees&charges. 

I find it hard to believe this is correct. When we booked representative said we can adjust any time before final payment, but we might lose any promotions (like 3 latitudes points per night is current offer is now 2). I’m ok with that. 

Never done price adjustment before, didn’t even know it is possible until I read about it on this forum.

Would appreciate any advice. 

Thanks

@Nataly1982 You should post details of how/where you booked your cruise.  Since your post refers to euros, I assume you booked via a European office or travel agent.  The rules for European bookings are quite different from those in the North America.  This is especially true regarding refunds and price drops. If you post more info on how you posted, someone from Europe can more likely help you with how it works.  You really can't use advice on how it works in North America, no matter how many people offer that advice.

2 hours ago, MeHeartCruising said:

@Nataly1982 You should post details of how/where you booked your cruise.  Since your post refers to euros, I assume you booked via a European office or travel agent.  The rules for European bookings are quite different from those in the North America.  This is especially true regarding refunds and price drops. If you post more info on how you posted, someone from Europe can more likely help you with how it works.  You really can't use advice on how it works in North America, no matter how many people offer that advice.

Hi. Thanks for your response. We booked through ncl.com website, we are based in Ireland. I guess this falls under International reservations. 

Edited by Nataly1982