We have booked package with a T/A that changes ships. Would Royal know we had been on another ship?

ace2542

Just a question that is being asked. Would being on another ship be a problem when boarding the Anthem T/A. Will royal accept the results of that lines Covid testing? Or would or being on another ship mean that would not recognise that test and consider us to be a bigger risk?

Thanks in advance.

I am not aware of any cruise line providing covid tests at this time.  Which line are you sailing with prior to your Anthem sailing?   

Here is a link to Royal requirements for a TA crossing.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise#transatlantic

Edited by Sunshine3601

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am not aware of any cruise line providing covid tests at this time.  Which line are you sailing with prior to your Anthem sailing?   

Here is a link to Royal requirements for a TA crossing.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise#transatlantic

Cunard QM2. Testing day would last day at sea or earlier. I think they have testers onboard to conduct tests as required for pay at least QM2 did in September. I was hanging out with them in the club. I am sure we can get test but we will have to pay i imagine. If RCL won't stand behind those tests and demand their own even if free at the liberty port I see no point to paying Cunard to be tested. They won't test for free

I dont have the ablity to self test onboard dont have iphone

Edited by ace2542

As long as the test meets the requirements I can't see it matters who did it. (And no, it just has to meet the requirements, there aren't exclusions based on provider).

As for another cruise, people do B2B on the same line so again, as long as you meet testing requirements is the issue. Being on a previous cruise doesn't come into it.

3 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

As long as the test meets the requirements I can't see it matters who did it. (And no, it just has to meet the requirements, there aren't exclusions based on provider).

As for another cruise, people do B2B on the same line so again, as long as you meet testing requirements is the issue. Being on a previous cruise doesn't come into it.

What if Cunard isn't offering testing? Then our test would be UNDER the two day requirement. FWIW I think as of April 30th that will be scrapped.

We board Anthem May 1st so the test would need to be APRIL 29TH wouldn't it?

34 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Cunard QM2. Testing day would last day at sea or earlier. I think they have testers onboard to conduct tests as required for pay at least QM2 did in September. I was hanging out with them in the club. I am sure we can get test but we will have to pay i imagine. If RCL won't stand behind those tests and demand their own even if free at the liberty port I see no point to paying Cunard to be tested. They won't test for free

I dont have the ablity to self test onboard dont have iphone

Royal discontinued their mobile test lab that was at cape liberty last summer when they changed rules for testing.

You best check if QM2 still has an option to test onboard.  If not, then you can purchase test kits at home and simply do yourself.   

Based on royal faq sheet self administered test is acceptable.   Which might mean you just take a digital photo of the negative result or bring it with you to show them in person.   Best double check.

If Cunard does test and provides you with a print out of negative test that should work fine.

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Royal discontinued their mobile test lab that was at cape liberty last summer when they changed rules for testing.

You best check if QM2 still has an option to test onboard.  If not, then you can purchase test kits at home and simply do yourself.   

Based on royal faq sheet self administered test is acceptable.   Which might mean you just take a digital photo of the negative result or bring it with you to show them in person.   Best double check.

If Cunard does test and provides you with a print out of negative test that should work fine.

We don't have i phone to do the test with? By digital photo you mean photo of a negative test result instead of a printout on paper

1 minute ago, ace2542 said:

We don't have i phone to do the test with? By digital photo you mean photo of a negative test result instead of a printout on paper

If you don't have a cell phone that can allow you to do a proctered test than you can do a test yourself without supervision as stated on royals website.

That means you simply bring that negative test strip with you.  You can do that day of boarding or day before, just be sure to put that test strip somewhere safe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If you don't have a cell phone that can allow you to do a proctered test than you can do a test yourself without supervision as stated on royals website.

That means you simply bring that negative test strip with you.  You can do that day of boarding or day before, just be sure to put that test strip somewhere safe.

You mean a negative strip from a covid testing kit? Any kind of testing kit? Like the ones you can get at boots in UK or CVS in New York? What information would the strip need to contain?

3 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

You mean a negative strip from a covid testing kit? Any kind of testing kit? Like the ones you can get at boots in UK or CVS in New York? What information would the strip need to contain?

I.e. here is a photo of my self administered test from October.  Unfortunately i was positive.  But had i been negative i would have just shown the strip to them20221014_060221.thumb.jpg.6ff7e43ec124911a7671e96d7042831e.jpg

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes any self administered covid test strip that shows you are Negative.   Wierd they find this acceptable but they do use the honor system.

I have actually just altered the date on our last two to April 30th by scanning them and sticking a cut out of the date over the last one just in case though we are getting tested our hotel in nyc is right next door to the bloom test centre so we will nip in there and test ourselves. I barely touched my noise last time and the girl watched me do it and tested what I gave her never corrected me

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I.e. here is a photo of my self administered test from October.  Unfortunately i was positive.  But had i been negative i would have just shown the strip to them20221014_060221.thumb.jpg.6ff7e43ec124911a7671e96d7042831e.jpg

How they know you did it?

Edited by ace2542

1 minute ago, ace2542 said:

I have actually just altered the date on our last two to April 30th by scanning them and sticking a cut out of the date over the last one just in case though we are getting tested our hotel in nyc is right next door to the bloom test centre so we will nip in there and test ourselves. I barely touched my noise last time and the girl watched me do it and tested what I gave her never corrected me

How they know you did it?

They don't know for fact I did it, that's where their honor system comes into play to trust that you are not lying to them.

• Like 1

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

They don't know for fact I did it, that's where their honor system comes into play to trust that you are not lying to them.

The fakes I have done are very good to be fair you can't even tell I cut paper over the scan date and time. Here is hoping we don't need them

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It defeats the point of having the testing surely? Even if you are not lying how they know it was done correctly. I barely scratched my noise and the testing people accepted and tested that sample so surely that was not done correctly?

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

The fakes I have done are very good to be fair you can't even tell I cut paper over the scan date and time. Here is hoping we don't need them

In all honestly, that I wouldn't do.    I would just buy a test kit at a local pharmacy and do it yourself in the hotel room in NYC before boarding.    

Yes, I agree it is quite ridiculous that they will accept a simple photo or the actual covid test strip at the port for check in with no way to verify you actually did the test to yourself.    

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

It defeats the point of having the testing surely? Even if you are not lying how they know it was done correctly. I barely scratched my noise and the testing people accepted and tested that sample so surely that was not done correctly?

back in the day when they were performing covid tests onboard for b2b cruisers in 2021 and early 2022 the testers onboard barely touched our nose each time we had one done.  they definitely did not swirl around for 15 seconds like most proctors tell you to do.  

8 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Just a question that is being asked. Would being on another ship be a problem when boarding the Anthem T/A. Will royal accept the results of that lines Covid testing? Or would or being on another ship mean that would not recognise that test and consider us to be a bigger risk?

Thanks in advance.

What if you have covid and board the ship spreading it?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

What if you have covid and board the ship spreading it?

Doing a test is no guarantee.   It simply means at that moment you are not positive.

I.e. when I had covid for the 1st time in October it originated from my job.

When I went to work on a Thursday and learned some people called out sick I was asked to test at work.  I did and I was negative.   Felt fine.  Tested positive Friday morning.     

On 2/25/2023 at 6:07 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

In all honestly, that I wouldn't do.    I would just buy a test kit at a local pharmacy and do it yourself in the hotel room in NYC before boarding.    

Yes, I agree it is quite ridiculous that they will accept a simple photo or the actual covid test strip at the port for check in with no way to verify you actually did the test to yourself.    

We don't have the i phones we have the older camera pay as you "track phones" like what James Spader uses on the blacklist as an example. They can take pictures but not digital ones.

On 2/25/2023 at 6:07 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

Bloom labs has actually closed down on now. No idea how to get tested now. Can we walk up with negative test sticks in our hands?