We have booked package with a T/A that changes ships. Would Royal know we had been on another ship?

ace2542

10 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Bloom labs has actually closed down on now. No idea how to get tested now. Can we walk up with negative test sticks in our hands?

Yes, may want to put them in a plastic sandwich baggie instead of carrying around as I am sure noone will want to touch it.   

As I said before purchase a test kit at home and bring with you on your QM2 cruise then do when in the hotel in NYC or buy one at a pharmacy in NYC.    Easy peasy.   

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, may want to put them in a plastic sandwich baggie instead of carrying around as I am sure noone will want to touch it.   

As I said before purchase a test kit at home and bring with you on your QM2 cruise then do when in the hotel in NYC or buy one at a pharmacy in NYC.    Easy peasy.   

How would they know what date it was done on? I don't have the I Phone to verify anything even if I knew how to work it which I don't?

3 hours ago, ace2542 said:

How would they know what date it was done on? I don't have the I Phone to verify anything even if I knew how to work it which I don't?

You do not need a smart phone to do self administered, un-supervised test their website states they will accept.   Just bring the negative test strip in a clear plastic baggy.    

It's the honor system they are using.  

I'm not sure how long those negative stripes appear on a test.  I imagine they fade away over time so that may be the answer.   

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You do not need a smart phone to do self administered, un-supervised test their website states they will accept.   Just bring the negative test strip in a clear plastic baggy.    

It's the honor system they are using.  

I'm not sure how long those negative stripes appear on a test.  I imagine they fade away over time so that may be the answer.   

How will they know we done it correctly though? We could have dipped the sticks in water? And we do have do both mouth and nose or just nose? I would rather do it correctly than incorrectly

Edited by ace2542

7 hours ago, ace2542 said:

How will they know we done it correctly though? We could have dipped the sticks in water? And we do have do both mouth and nose or just nose? I would rather do it correctly than incorrectly

All the covid tests that I know of sold in pharmacies are done by swabbing the nose.  That is all that is needed.       I have not seen any of the mouth tests.    Again, the honor system.    

9 hours ago, ace2542 said:

You are far more concerned than they are. Royal simply does not care. No date needed, no name needed, you will find they don't even look long enough to see what the test says, we had both pictures on my wife's iPhone and they never looked at the second picture.  Get a free test to take with you, take the test on your last day, let them look at the plastic test strip and be done.  I would take a extra test kit incase one of you tests positive you can let the negative person take the test twice. Reality is covid testing is a joke, as proven by the lack of concern by the cruise lines and most cruisers.