Tampa cruise port

Bo1331

We parked at the port, early Feb. Easy peasy, First time in Tampa. There is no parking deck, it's all surface parking. We looked at off site parking, but the port parking turned out fine.

Edited by mac66

1 hour ago, mafig said:

Why prepay?

Is it cheaper?  Or are spots at a premium so you have to reserve one?

Why not.

I don't think it is cheaper. I don't know if it sells out.

To me it's just more convenient. Drop of luggage, go to parking lot. Show receipt and park. Walk to ship. No waiting for shuttle bus.

I would not recommend it for people with mobility issues.

Edited by bavrail18
Add info

Just got back from sailing Constellation out of terminal 6.  Parking lot is about a 2-minute walk from the check-in area.  Drop off the bags with a porter, park the car (we pre-paid - sign was up indicating that they were sold out), and walk back to the terminal to enter the check-in process.  Wish the parking was covered, but it is close and convenient.

Here is a map of the nearest parking options at Port Tampa Bay:

Terminals 2 and 3 - Port Parking Garage across the road

Terminal 6 - Surface Lot next to the terminal 

If you book online (highly recommended), the system will book you into the appropriate space. So if you are sailing from Terminal 6, then you get the surface parking. If you want the garage, just show up on cruise day, drop your luggage and passengers, and drive to the garage a short distance away. Then walk back. 

If you want to pay less for parking then you can try the following surface lots:

Parkway Parking at 1063,

Park4cruise, or

241 Parking. All are very close to Terminal 6.

An even cheaper option is Parkway Parking on 26th St next to Ikea some distance away with shuttles in nice vans

Other cheaper options are also available such as MyParkconnect, etc. These folks contract with parking garages within a block of the Port. Not shown on the map because the locations vary. Sometimes they even offer the Port Garage at a discounted rate!

AMWts8AkFn9XGlbYdKmTp6DulmfrU3UaxK9WxvSE

Here is a map of the nearest parking options at Port Tampa Bay:

Terminals 2 and 3 - Port Parking Garage across the road

Terminal 6 - Surface Lot next to the terminal 

If you book online (highly recommended), the system will book you into the appropriate space. So if you are sailing from Terminal 6, then you get the surface parking. If you want the garage, just show up on cruise day, drop your luggage and passengers, and drive to the garage a short distance away. Then walk back. 

If you want to pay less for parking then you can try the following surface lots:

Parkway Parking at 1063, or their Port lot,

Park4cruise, 

241 Parking.

All are very close to Terminal 6. An even cheaper option is Parkway Parking on 26th St next to Ikea some distance away with shuttles in nice vans

Other cheaper options are also available such as MyParkconnect, etc. These folks contract with parking garages within a block of the Port. Not shown on the map because the locations vary. Sometimes they even offer the Port Garage at a discounted rate!

AMWts8AkFn9XGlbYdKmTp6DulmfrU3UaxK9WxvSE

Edited by SteerageJoe

• 8 months later...
On 2/27/2023 at 6:28 AM, JohninDC said:

Just got back from sailing Constellation out of terminal 6.  Parking lot is about a 2-minute walk from the check-in area.  Drop off the bags with a porter, park the car (we pre-paid - sign was up indicating that they were sold out), and walk back to the terminal to enter the check-in process.  Wish the parking was covered, but it is close and convenient.

I pre-paid for parking at Tampa for Constellation (sailing tomorrow).  Parking pass says to scan the barcode on entry and on exit at the machines.   Do you know where the machines are located?

23 hours ago, Barb1954 said:

I pre-paid for parking at Tampa for Constellation (sailing tomorrow).  Parking pass says to scan the barcode on entry and on exit at the machines.   Do you know where the machines are located?

There are no machines. There are attendants at the entrance. (Both the garage and surface lot) They will take care of it for you.

On 2/26/2023 at 8:44 PM, wrk2cruise said:

Celebrity sails from terminal 6.

Celebrity uses whichever terminal the port assigns to them. I have a cruise in Dec and Jan (Connie) and  it says terminal 3. I have a cruise in Feb (Connie) and it says terminal 2. 

Connie is at terminal 3 today (11/22).

I've had occasions where the cruise left out of one terminal and returned to a different terminal. Not a problem in Tamps.

Edited by bavrail18

I have used them several times, it is the only way to go, IMO. 

The wait time is very short (minutes ?) - they bring all the departing cars over to the pickup area on the day your ship comes back. 

When you go to the desk, the runner has a very short way to go to bring it back to you. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

I have used them several times, it is the only way to go, IMO. 

The wait time is very short (minutes ?) - they bring all the departing cars over to the pickup area on the day your ship comes back. 

When you go to the desk, the runner has a very short way to go to bring it back to you. 

Thank you!   That was my wife's only concern, was the wait time after the cruise.  Not that we are in a hurry to get back to reality but didn't want to spend the extra money if it was a long wait! 

Edited by FLASHINGLIGHTS83
  • Like 1

On 11/21/2023 at 1:21 PM, LB_NJ said:

Have they changed the time when Constellation arrives back in port to help alleviate the fog issue?

We got “stuck” out for the better part of the day due to Fog on our trip last January.    Everyone on the ship were quite stressed trying to rearrange their flights etc.   We had been on b2b for 23 days and had planned a week in florida to follow for business, so we were quite keen to have another day at sea- 

this March we are booked on Connie again out of Tampa and purposefully booked a 8pm flight home, so as to not fret about what the timing looks like and we can just enjoy the day.  Worst case we get back in early in the day, and end up cooling our heels at tpa, which is a delightful airport and I love the PF changs before security! And there is a nice area to sit outside as well before security.  

15 hours ago, amc2scott said:

this March we are booked on Connie again out of Tampa and purposefully booked a 8pm flight home, so as to not fret about what the timing looks like and we can just enjoy the day.  Worst case we get back in early in the day, and end up cooling our heels at tpa, 

Is 8pm truly safe?

I have a flight booked for the day after the cruise however thinking of changing to an 8pm flight the day we get back 

9 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

Is 8pm truly safe?

I have a flight booked for the day after the cruise however thinking of changing to an 8pm flight the day we get back 

Well there are no guarantees in life, but i guess depends on your ticket.    The cruise port is fairly close to airport, when we were last delayed with fog they offloaded passengers with flights first, and so i was comfortable with the latest flight on same day HOME.   (Going there i always book hotel for day before so that Im not stressed about delays).  I figure on the way home, if I get delayed I can usually just go standby on another flight or if you book your flights through the cruise line they will take care of all the details for you!        As to what to do….well…..browse your next cruise of course at the airport!    Eat potatoe chips cause you cant get them on the ship so youll be craving them.