Tokyo Cruise Port- Celebrity Millennium/Hotel

floralscent

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2023 at 5:38 AM, floralscent said:

Which cruise port in Tokyo does the Celebrity Millennium use? Not sure why but I am unable to find this information.

In addition, can anyone suggest a hotel in Tokyo that is in walking distance to the above cruise terminal?

Thank you so much!

No one would know for certain without the cruise information to check the port calendar.

The CruiseMapper app or what’s in port website are useful tools to help look up.

Once which port is identified, you can also get a better idea for a hotel booking. I’d recommend taking the ease of transfer from your airport to hotel then to port into account. I’d certainly rely on metro trains rather than taxis, which are very expensive in Japan. Your choice though.

Tokyo has 4 International Cruise Terminals:

1. Harumi - Located downtown, on an artificial island between the old and new Fish Markets, and now the site of the Olympic Village. Only smaller ships that can fit under the Rainbow Bridge can call there.

2. Tokyo International Cruise Terminal - Located at Oi, about halfway between Harumi Terminal and Yokohama. This is the newest and largest Terminal. Very close to Haneda Airport.

3. Osanbashi - Located in central Yokohama.

4. Daikoku - Located a bit South of Osanbashi Terminal, on an island in Tokyo Bay. This is a Cargo Terminal that handles overflow from Osanbashi, and ships that are too tall to fit under the Yokohama Bay Bridge.

If you are planning on spending more

than a night in Tokyo, we would suggest looking at some Tokyo locations ( Shinkuku, Ginza, etc) rather than focusing on a near port location.  Transportation around Tokyo is good and there are advantages to staying in Tokyo.    If your port turns out to be in Yokohama you might consider that can take 40 min (plus minus) to move between Yokohama and Tokyo.  

You can get lots of advice (and differing opinions) on the most convenient/best areas to spend your nights.

We’re on the same cruise itinerary, but departing in late May. The port in Yokohama is Osanbashi, near Yamashita Park. I am trying to book a room in the Hyatt that is directly across from the port, but Hyatt does not open bookings before 13 months out.

Edited by tscoffey

The New Grand Hotel in Yokohama is a good one.  Right across from Yamashita Park and you could walk to the port if you didn’t have luggage.  A half mile short taxi ride.  Chinatown is nearby as well as train stations to go all over the area.  There is also a bus from Narita airport that makes several stops in Yokohama and the New Grand hotel is one of the stops.  You can get the info at the airport and the people selling the bus tickets are very helpful and speak English and will show you which bus to take to get there.  The bus only runs a few times a day so you would have to make sure your flight arrived in time to get the bus.  If you stay in Tokyo, allow yourself at least an hour or more depending on time of day and traffic  to get to Yokohama port by car.  Trains are easy to get there also but would be hard to navigate with luggage.  Then you would have to take a short taxi ride from the Yokohama area a train station to the port.  If you are planning to do a few day trips from Tokyo, most tours only pick up from Tokyo hotels and not Yokohama hotels.  

• 6 months later...

@floralscent now that your cruise is most likely finished, how accurate were the answers above?  I am on celebrity millennium next year, and I'm seeking the same information so I can plan. It really is difficult to know exactly which dock they use, I don't know why that info is so hidden.

On 4/14/2023 at 3:25 PM, BruceMuzz said:

Tokyo has 4 International Cruise Terminals:

1. Harumi - Located downtown, on an artificial island between the old and new Fish Markets, and now the site of the Olympic Village. Only smaller ships that can fit under the Rainbow Bridge can call there.

2. Tokyo International Cruise Terminal - Located at Oi, about halfway between Harumi Terminal and Yokohama. This is the newest and largest Terminal. Very close to Haneda Airport.

3. Osanbashi - Located in central Yokohama.

4. Daikoku - Located a bit South of Osanbashi Terminal, on an island in Tokyo Bay. This is a Cargo Terminal that handles overflow from Osanbashi, and ships that are too tall to fit under the Yokohama Bay Bridge.

For the upcoming Nov 17th cruise from Tokyo/Yokohama to Singapore, Millennium would be docked and leaving from Osanbashi. I called Celebrity Customer Service to get this confirmation. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Simidrew said:

@floralscent now that your cruise is most likely finished, how accurate were the answers above?  I am on celebrity millennium next year, and I'm seeking the same information so I can plan. It really is difficult to know exactly which dock they use, I don't know why that info is so hidden.

I found local port authority websites provide the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Port official has the sole authority to assign a dock location. 

November 2023, Yokohama cruise ship schedule: 

image.thumb.png.26f26bd96caa9eb4ce141037d1e4a902.png