Beverage Packages

Cruiser155

Just wondering in regards to beverage packages. When I sailed with Princess a couple years ago they had an unlimited soda package that was about $12/day per guest. Is this gone now?

When I go under onboard services > Beverage packages, I can only see 4 options: Premier beverage Package, Plus beverage package, Stateroom canned soda package, and Stateroom bottled water package. If they did remove the unlimited soda package, am I able to bring my own soda onboard? If it helps, I'll be sailing with Regal Princess. Any information appreciated!

Edited by Cruiser155

11 minutes ago, that said:

Where is the classic soda package?  🥺

From my research, it looks like they removed it 😕 In no way am I paying $65 per day for a plus beverage package to just drink soda lol. 

I did manage to find this on the Princess website:

"Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding."

So I guess there's that. Might as well do that to save some money.

Just off of the Regal Princess last week and they allowed us to bring on our own soda. I prefer Dr. Pepper and it just isn't ever on the boats, so I always try and bring my own. Beware that they may question bottles of soda versus canned, but I took an 8-pack of the 8-oz bottles that were still wrapped in the complete plastic and didn't have an issue. Our friends took two 12 packs of canned soda for the same cruise with no problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tigtraveling said:

Just off of the Regal Princess last week and they allowed us to bring on our own soda. I prefer Dr. Pepper and it just isn't ever on the boats, so I always try and bring my own. Beware that they may question bottles of soda versus canned, but I took an 8-pack of the 8-oz bottles that were still wrapped in the complete plastic and didn't have an issue. Our friends took two 12 packs of canned soda for the same cruise with no problem.

That's good to know, thank you!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 2disneycruisers said:

According to “Let’s Go! Travel Tips” on YouTube, all sailings after February 20, 2023 will no longer offer the Classic Soda Package, the New Grounds Coffee package and the Zero Alcoholic package. See the link below….

Does anyone know if the Emerald Princess has Coca Cola Freestyle Machines onboard?

If you are unhappy with these changes you can blame John Padgett. Period. You may want to send a (polite!) message to:

customerrelations@princesscruises.com

Angry rants will be of no value but, hopefully, a deluge of well stated and temperate comments "may" at least let "the powers that be" understand how many people are unhappy with these changes. No soda package. No coffee package. This is "penny wise and pound foolish".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluetardis said:

Let’s go travel also said if you call Princess you can add classic soda package

Comments seem to say it's a hit or miss with that. Some are calling Princess and they tell them they do not have the classic soda package available any more. I'll try calling them tomorrow and update here with the answer I get.

6 minutes ago, Thrak said:

If you are unhappy with these changes you can blame John Padgett. Period. You may want to send a (polite!) message to:

customerrelations@princesscruises.com

Angry rants will be of no value but, hopefully, a deluge of well stated and temperate comments "may" at least let "the powers that be" understand how many people are unhappy with these changes. No soda package. No coffee package. This is "penny wise and pound foolish".

Don't think anyone is ranting about anything. Was just curious if they still had the soda package or not.

Emailing John Padgett won't get anyone anywhere. Sure Princess may take feedback; but at the end of the day, they do what is most profitable for them which makes perfect sense from a business standpoint. With this new package roll-out, I feel like majority of people will probably buy into it considering the "convenience" factor.

7 hours ago, 2disneycruisers said:

Does anyone know if the Emerald Princess has Coca Cola Freestyle Machines onboard?

I don't think any Princess ship has the Freestyle machines. It is mentioned but no one has reported seeing it on any ship.

So going back to my update. Looks like you can indeed still purchase the classic soda package for $12.99/per day per guest. For some reason it doesn't show up for me under beverage packages on the princess website (when logged in). If you booked your cruise through a travel agent, contact them and they should be able to be able to get it for you. I unfortunately did not have success doing it through Princess as the agent was unable to load the screen.

Edited by Cruiser155

Sorry if it's been answered before, but I believe that the Plus Package does include bottled water.

So how does that work? Do you just go up to the Bar and request a bottled water whenever you want? Anywhere else besides a Bar you can obtain one? I assume International Cafe?  (Royal Princess).

Is there a limit per person at any one time?

Thanks

Edited by SuzieQ521

we have premier package with two different amounts on beverage price max

one$18 and another $20 ??? made a copy of our online purchased one  because Medallion is the one showing $18....has anyone had this issue   thank you 

Happy cruising to all

20 minutes ago, SuzieQ521 said:

Sorry if it's been answered before, but I believe that the Plus Package does include bottled water.

So how does that work? Do you just go up to the Bar and request a bottled water whenever you want? Anywhere else besides a Bar you can obtain one? I assume International Cafe?  (Royal Princess).

Thanks

SuzieQ521 - we got the water several ways when we had our drink package on Island Princess last fall: room service by ordering on the app, at any bar or location that is serving drinks, while laying poolside and ordering on the app, or on the way off the ship. They just scan your medallion if you order in person. Keep in mind only the 500 mL bottles are included not the one liter bigger bottles.

• Thanks 1

On discovery princess 2/25/23 they had the various packages available for purchase in Ocean Concierge  including classic soda and the coffee package. waitstaff approached us in the bar and asked if we wanted to purchase a package.  It may be different on other ships but here is a screenshot of what was available: 

63CED548-D497-4341-A962-541D2F629D3A.thumb.jpeg.d99367e28a6f83c50e9e7bf834d480e1.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shelly97060 said:

On discovery princess 2/25/23 they had the various packages available for purchase in Ocean Concierge  including classic soda and the coffee package. waitstaff approached us in the bar and asked if we wanted to purchase a package.  It may be different on other ships but here is a screenshot of what was available: 

63CED548-D497-4341-A962-541D2F629D3A.thumb.jpeg.d99367e28a6f83c50e9e7bf834d480e1.jpeg

Looks like New Grounds Coffee Package is just for specified number of espressos, not regular brewed coffee or hot chocolate or specialty teas.

9 hours ago, caribill said:

Looks like New Grounds Coffee Package is just for specified number of espressos, not regular brewed coffee or hot chocolate or specialty teas.

We both have a coffee package and have been getting tea and hot cocoa at no extra charge, including when ordering through the app.  When we get to checkout it shows zero as amount owed.   not sure if all ships are handling the same but that’s how it’s working on Discovery this week.

Edited by Shelly97060
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, SuzieQ521 said:

Thanks

19 hours ago, tigtraveling said:

SuzieQ521 - we got the water several ways when we had our drink package on Island Princess last fall: room service by ordering on the app, at any bar or location that is serving drinks, while laying poolside and ordering on the app, or on the way off the ship. They just scan your medallion if you order in person. Keep in mind only the 500 mL bottles are included not the one liter bigger bottles.

To add to what tigtraveling said...

You can pick up 2 bottles each every time you get water. This works nicely if you are on your way back to your cabin so you can stock up a bit so they are available in your cabin when you need them. 

• Like 1