Hotel recommendations:Flying into FLL to cruise out of Miami port terminal

andychris

There are dozens and dozens of threads here about hotels...too many to count.

Have not heard of any hotel in Miami that offers a free shuttle to the port, but many offer a shuttle for a fee. One of the most commonly mentioned hotels is the Hampton Inn Brickell...nice hotel, in a great neighborhood and has a shuttle for a fee.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

You could stay in the FLL area and then head to Miami the morning of your cruise - www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel and tourist info.  

Hey @JohninDC, apparently the sunny.org website has changed to https://www.visitlauderdale.com/places-to-stay/hotels/

per this thread: 

When I cruised with my sister a few years ago, she flew in from NY to FLL, and we were cruising out of Miami.  I am in FL, so I drove.  She was able to get a shuttle from FLL to our hotel.  It was a La Quinta, and I think this was it:

https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/laquinta/fort-lauderdale-florida/la-quinta-inn-ft-lauderdale-northeast/overview?CID=LC:LQ::GGL:RIO:National:64806&iata=00093796

I then drove us to PortMiami and parked my car at the pier.

I remember it was a huge ordeal trying to find a flight and hotel at decent rate, and none of what was found was in Miami and/or had a shuttle.  We had the benefit of me driving in and being able to drive to the port.  A one-way rental from FLL to PortMiami may be an option?  Might be cheaper than Uber or Lyft.

My philosophy is I always want to be within walking distance of the port if the worst happens. POM had the marathon that caused chaos. We are staying in downtown Miami. If traffic is insane, we can walk with luggage if necessary like many others did. I prefer backup plans and make Plan B, C, D, and more.

17 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

My philosophy is I always want to be within walking distance of the port if the worst happens. POM had the marathon that caused chaos. We are staying in downtown Miami. If traffic is insane, we can walk with luggage if necessary like many others did. I prefer backup plans and make Plan B, C, D, and more.

Do you have some names of hotels that are close enough to walk to the port?  I haven't been to Miami port before but it looks confusing and not easy to get to.  Thank you!

12 minutes ago, Marylandcruiser89 said:

Do you have some names of hotels that are close enough to walk to the port?  I haven't been to Miami port before but it looks confusing and not easy to get to.  Thank you!

Most ports don't have hotels with in walking distance. At least not for the average person dragging luggage. Port Everglades...only if sailing from Terminal 2. None that I am aware of at PortMiami.

18 hours ago, Marylandcruiser89 said:

Just look at the maps. I just know the marathon caused all types of issues.