Help choosing a Med cruise with Enchanted Princess or R.C. Odyssey of Seas

Tfred99

Both are very similar itineraries.

E.P. is 14 days on Sept 16 and starts in Rome and ends in Barcelona. Visits Naples, Crete, Ephesus, Istanbul, Mykonos, Athens, Santorini, Kotor, Sicily, Naples(again) +3 sea days

Odyssey is 13 days on Oct 2 and starts and finishes in Rome. Visits Naples, Athens, Ephesus, Mykonos, Santorini, Haifa, Jerusalem, Crete, +4 sea days.

I haven't been on either ship. I think I would be happy on either cruise, but I would like some input/comments on the ships or the different ports.  Are there any "must see" ports, or ports not worth the visit.  All comments welcome.

To me the biggest reason someone might choose the 2nd option is Jerusalem. Some people choose an itinerary just to get to that city, so that may weigh in your decision. We are cruising the Enchanted in the Med in May. It will be our first time on the Enchanted, but have cruised Princess in the Med before and it was wonderful.

I would choose Odyssey for two reasons.

First and foremost, I think it's the better itinerary.  

Two, I've cruised sister ships of both, and I much favor the RCI Quantum Class (Odyssey) over the Princess Royal Class (Enchanted) ships.  The biggest weakness to Enchanted is a total lack of external views from any lounges. Plus, you have to book an upgraded room (mini-suite) in order to get a couch or any sort of sitting area in your room. 

To me, the question would boil down to whether you are more interested in seeing Istanbul or Israel.

There is so much to do in Naples that visiting it twice would be something I'd actually regard as a bonus. You could do the Amalfi Coast one time and Pompeii the next. Or Capri....

Well I pulled the trigger and booked the Enchanted.  We have done the Holy land before, and as much as I would love to see it again, I don't think two quick cruise stops would satisfy me. The Holy land needs "full immersion".  The Enchanted is two weeks earlier, we want as warm weather as possible, (but not hot). We love Italy and look forward to seeing Naples twice. Ending in Barcelona is another nice bonus.  The Enchanted has smaller balconies and I did pay extra for the deluxe (just to get the couch. Not that we need the couch. It just adds a few more feet to the room and an extra place to lay out clothes for the next day).  

I also hear that Kotor is one of the best ports to cruise into.

So I guess we will see you on the Enchanted!!

Congrats!! What a great trip!

There are some deluxe balconies that have enlarged balconies —- like on Deck 8 near the front of the ship and some “obstructed view” balconies with larger decks as well, if that matters to you.   Here’s a website where you can see what the view is from various balconies.  I’m getting so excited for our trip as well : )

Could not help but notice the recent announcement that RCI is eliminating twice a day cabin service (only once a day with new policy) without cutting any of the associated fees.  Agree with the choice of the Enchanted Princess, especially since the OP has already been to the Holy Land.   Kotor is, indeed, a wonderful cruise port where you will want to be outside (for about 2 hours) both before arrival and after departure.  

Hank

Oh wow!  2 hours!!   I'm usually an early riser and enjoy sitting on my balcony to watch the ports come into view. Even though all the caribbean ports look the same from a distance. I'm looking forward to Kotor already!!