Return flight the day the cruise ends - Possible?

northwoods2

hope you're ok.  our charter flights changed from and afternoon arrival to a 7:10pm eta (we were told o the change in early October, our trip was in late Jan) and we were an hour late, then took about 2 hours to collect our luggage, walk to international terminal, get through the American Airlines check in line, security and passport control and walk to the gate.  There was a large group from Dallas (including a travel agent) who skipped the charter flight and took an earlier flight to make the 9:15 flight, so you do have options if the charter flight doesn't work for you. (Although I don't know when these arrangements were made and it was a large group)  I will say that since we had an 11:45 pm flight, walking around Ushuaia that morning and having lunch on the ship was preferential to sitting at the airport all day.  My only complaint with Atlas is the uncertainty of the charter flights.

54 minutes ago, oktwirlermom said:

My only complaint with Atlas is the uncertainty of the charter flights.

That was probably outside Atlas' control.  We were in Argentina last month, and one of the flights from BA to Iguazu was cancelled by Aerolineas Argentinas at the last minute.  We were told that this is not uncommon.

I am boarding World Navigator today.  I stayed at the Holiday Inn EZE, very close to the airport.  I will stay there, one night, at the conclusion of the cruise.  It's reasonably priced, very good food and nicer than a typical Holiday Inn.  Only downside is that their airport shuttle only goes one time per hour.

Edited by TonicTraveler

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully the charter airlines and arrival airports remain the same. We flew on Fly Bondi to Ushuaia and Areolineas back, both at EZE. I did hear and read about airport / airline changes for the charters. The airports in Buenos Aires are NOT close… That said, EZE is rather small and quite efficient in our experience. Good luck!

ALSO… @northwoods2 If you’re physically able to do so safely (which I assume since you’re interested in the overnight camping excursion), you MUST do the polar plunge. It was AMAZING! I would have DEEP regrets had I not…

Corey & Karen

2 hours ago, binky&jane said:

ALSO… @northwoods2 If you’re physically able to do so safely (which I assume since you’re interested in the overnight camping excursion), you MUST do the polar plunge. It was AMAZING! I would have DEEP regrets had I not…

Corey & Karen

I will definitely do the polar plunge.  Trying to convince my husband to do it.  He says ‘No Way’

10 hours ago, northwoods2 said:

I will definitely do the polar plunge.  Trying to convince my husband to do it.  He says ‘No Way’

Depending on the weather, I do want not only to do the plunge, but also spend a night on shore in a tent and seelping bag.

Wife: Staying on the warm ship.

1 hour ago, GICNJC said:

Depending on the weather, I do want not only to do the plunge, but also spend a night on shore in a tent and seelping bag.

Wife: Staying on the warm ship.

We did the polar plunge (over in less than a minute and husband wouldn't have let me heard the end of it if I didn't) but didn't camp out.  reactions from those who did varied from " it was wonderful, you wouldn't believe the wildlife  sounds we heard " to " you were smart to save your money. ground was lumpy and I didn't get any sleep. "  They do give you a chance to change your mind either to go or not after  they explain how it all works: you leave after dinner and come back before breakfast can't bring any food ashore and everything you bring ashore comes back to the ship.

• Like 1

Hopefully the charter airlines and arrival airports remain the same. We flew on Fly Bondi to Ushuaia and Areolineas back, both at EZE. I did hear and read about airport / airline changes for the charters. The airports in Buenos Aires are NOT close… That said, EZE is rather small and quite efficient in our experience. Good luck!

Corey & Karen

• 3 months later...

Our Feb 2023 charter flight from EZE to Ushaia left EZE at 2:30 pm.  Our return charter flight from Ushaia to EZE departed at 10:00 am.  We then had hours to wait in EZE before the Delta counter even opened up to accept our luggage and then hours to wait for our 9:15 pm flight home.  Both of our charter flights provided a sandwich.

Thanks for provide your past experience.

I am not sure if my booking have this or not (booked in early july and my TA said i supposed to have it)

https://atlasoceanvoyages.com/offers/#AntarcticaImmersions

AOV might have modify their shuttle time for this coming season if they squeeze in a free park tour either as a pre or post cruise.  I've emailed them to find out the exact time of shuttle departure from ushuaia.  They only told me that I have ample time if I depart EZE at 10:30pm.  🙂