Pan Pacific Vancouver

We are looking to book this hotel and I have been reading here about a package where they take your bags from your hotel room right to the ship, so you don't have to. I am not seeing that option anywhere on their website. Can someone point me in the right direction? 

Thanks

Try making a dummy booking ... when I did it,several offers came to light of which the cruise  package was one. I have never cruised from Vancouver but my research shows the walk from the PP to the check in area as minimal, so I took up another offer.

39 minutes ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Try making a dummy booking ... when I did it,several offers came to light of which the cruise  package was one. I have never cruised from Vancouver but my research shows the walk from the PP to the check in area as minimal, so I took up another offer.

Affirmative, the PP is right above the cruise terminal.

When are you in Vancouver? If we are home, are you interested in a couple of local brews and swapping P&O stories?

3 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Thank you, I have found it. They are charging an extra $161.00 USD for it as opposed to the current promotional rate. 

Edited by Hammergirl

12 minutes ago, cindy1957 said:

I called the Pan Pacific Vancouver. The person at the desk told me we just have to tip the bellman to take our bags down. Is this correct?

Many posts over many years have confirmed that as long as you tell the bellhops when you check in that you would like this done the day you check out, they'll make it happen! Someone even posted a pic of a card they had been handed with the 'suggested tip' for the service, so it seems to be an official unofficial policy 😉

We have stayed at the Pan Pacific several times prior to boarding a cruise ship with the most recent time being April 2022.

There is no "package" which includes the bell staff picking up your luggage and delivering the luggage to the cruise terminal porters.  Just ask when checking in and details will be given.  But essentially you just call the bell desk and they pick up the luggage from your hotel room.  The bell staff remind you to not have such items as your cruise documents, passports or prescription meds packed in the luggage.  The first time we stayed at the Pan Pacific prior to a cruise was in 2009 (my husband has stayed there on several business trips) and we never have been told that a tip was required (although we always do tip) nor have we ever been handed a card with a suggested tip amount.  And I have never seen a photo of a card which had a "suggested tip."

You just need to speak to the bell captain when you check in. They will give you directions to call the morning of. You don't need to book a specific type of room. It is a great hotel and they are wonderful (and I would tip them if they do this for you). 

On 3/2/2023 at 4:12 PM, cindy1957 said:

I called the Pan Pacific Vancouver. The person at the desk told me we just have to tip the bellman to take our bags down. Is this correct?

That was also what I did!  No special booking package needed.  The front desk also told me in September 2022 to just let them know at check in and it will happen.  I gave the bellman $5 tip for one bag.  

The Fairmont Waterfront across the street also did this for me.  Picked up my bag the morning of the cruise and I tipped the bellman.  Saw my bag next onboard.  Sweet!!!

~Nancy

• Like 1